Destination unloaders

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MD2AZ

Destination unloaders

Postby MD2AZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 pm

This will be the first time I have used a moving company and I am moving to a remote rural area in mid-October. I noticed some reviews stating the driver had difficulty finding help to unload, now I'm getting worried...

What steps can I take to help avoid/prevent this issue?

farrah7031

Re: Destination unloaders

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Find out who the destination agent is if you are using a major van line.

MD2AZ

Postby MD2AZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Ok thanks. Do you think there would be any additional charges or inconvenience fees associated with getting unloading help in BFE?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Everything should already be included in your estimate. Who are you using?

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:14 pm

What part of BFE are you moving too?? We might have suggestions as far as letting the driver know of reliable help in that area.
Sean Soule
---------------------
The difficult we do immediately,
the impossible takes a little longer.

MD2AZ

Postby MD2AZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

We're just in the process of getting estimates now although some companies don't want to come out to do the estimate until a little closer to the move date.

It hadn't occured to me that unloading might be a challenge so I want to have my ducks in a row and make sure to ask the right questions.

MD2AZ

Postby MD2AZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 pm

az ops man wrote:What part of BFE are you moving too?? We might have suggestions as far as letting the driver know of reliable help in that area.

... north of Flagstaff.

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Lots of area north of Flagstaff.....If worst comes to worst, having hauled many shipments in and out of here over the years your driver can contact a nearby fire departrment if need be if hes in a pinch, atleast they are used to physical labor, and believe it or not after a fire they actually try to bring out worldly possesssions for the distraught homeowners, so they actually do have real world experience with hhgds, plus on their off days some of them are usually looking to make a little extra cash!
Sean Soule
---------------------
The difficult we do immediately,
the impossible takes a little longer.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

Interesting suggestion, Sean.

BTW I had to look up BFE . . . then I was sorry I looked it up. :wink:
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:51 am

Base Flood Elevation? lol, I had to look it up too.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am

Heck, I'knew BFE when I was little, but I was raised in North Dakota, and there's plenty of BFE there. :lol:

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:02 am

Farrah, you shouldn't know those kinda words when you're little! I didn't learn those words til I was an adult :wink:
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

MD2AZ

Re: Destination unloaders -update

Postby MD2AZ » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Sorry it has taken so long to update...

We went with Hampden Moving (Mayflower) based in Abingdon. They were fantastic! Service was great. Mark who did the estimate was very helpful and answered all of my endless questions without rushing (another sales person from a different company that came out for an estimate kept talking over me and ignoring my questions). The only minor hiccup was the driver was given the wrong phone number despite my repeatedly calling to let them know the home phone was shut off when we packed the phones and to use the cell#s. Other than that - our driver was awesome and thankfully was familiar with our destination and brought unloaders with him so no worries there. :)

P.S. hopefully I didn't offend/scar anyone with the BFE comment :wink: :shock: :roll:

Diane

Re: **Destination unloaders

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks for this review, which I added to the Superlist. It was the fifth good review that we needed to give them a :thumbsup: rating. :D

Return to “Open Community”