Agent's charge

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
japabale

Agent's charge

Postby japabale » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 pm

When an agent gives you his final charges and the signed papers, what services does that include? Does that price include the packers, truck loaders and drivers to your destination? Should I expect any other surprise charges? Thank you.

Rick

Re: Agent's charge

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

japabale

Postby japabale » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Rich, if I understand rightly, you are talking about rates - how much they charge. I am asking about what these charges cover. Do they include the packers, the men who load the truck, the men who drive the truck and those who unload? In other words, will I suddenly find I have to pay these different people who handled the move? Or, is that all included in the price the agent gives?

Well, I started to say I am moving intra-state but actually I am moving from the Kansas side of state line in the KC area to St. Louis, if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

japabale

Postby japabale » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Thank you, Rick. I don't want any sudden surprise charges. Things are so different in the moving world than they used to be.

chrisatlas

Postby chrisatlas » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:12 am

it also depends on if your state is regulated or not- Illiniois is regulated by the Illinois Commerce Commission for local household goods moves.
Because of that you have to spell everything out. Regardless of that you as the provider should always advise and show the client what is included or excluded- its the right thing to do.
Can I list my company to be called as the person below???? I thought we couldnt advertise when posting here

Rick wrote:The final charges are determined by the scope of services outlined in each carriers tariff. If you deal with a reputable agent of a national van line or independant mover, their bill of lading charges normally include the linehaul transportation (including loading, transportation and unloading), the authorized packing charges, and any accessorial services required to complete the move (i.e. - elevators, stairs, excessive distance carries etc).

Include Fry Wagner (United) and Superior Moving Service (Wheaton) in the list of companies that you contact for in-home, visual surveys.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 am

Removed

Return to “Open Community”