Moving within Northern VA, company recommendations?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
idburns

Moving within Northern VA, company recommendations?

Postby idburns » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:29 pm

My wife are moving from our apartment in Fairfax to a new townhouse in Gainesville. It's a close move and I'm looking for recommendations on a moving company. Our realter gave us a list of a few companies that have been recommended to her by other clients:

2 Guys & A Truck (703) 406-9607
J.K. Moving & Storage (703) 280-4282
All Star Movers & Storage (703) 591-4288
Busy Buddies Moving Consultants (703) 422-0797
Meridian Moving & Storage (703) 503-2900

She has used JK herself twice and was very happy, the rest are recommendations from her other clients.

2 Guys & A Truck didn't do an in-home estimate, only got a price quote over the phone. Sounds shady.

I can't find anything online for All Star except two companies, one in NY and the other in TX.

Busy Buddies is recommended by Liz Crenshaw (local News 4 person). I left them a message.

I can't find a site online for Meridian but when I googled their phone number I got links for Meridian and another company called Fast & Reliable Movers at the same address. That seems pretty shady to me.

Any recommendations? We are looking to pack our own things, we really just need help moving all the boxes and our furniture.

thanks!

Rick

Re: Moving within Northern VA, company recommendations?

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 pm

I moved the post to the correct forum. :mrgreen:

idburns

Postby idburns » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Sorry, got confused. :oops:

Thanks for the replies and moving my thread. :)

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:50 pm

A friend of mine had her computer stolen when she used Two Guys. I tried to get her to write about it here, but she wouldn't, so I didn't say anything about it until now. She says she called the next day to talk to the manager saying she "had a problem she needed to talk about." The response was immediately "my guys don't steal!". Makes you wonder if this is a common "problem" they hear about.

I would suggest Beltway Movers. They have been in operation since 1961, have an excellent reputation, served me very well on my last move, and are priced very fairly.

I've never heard of your last three movers. That in itself is not a reason to dump them, especially if you have it that they've done good for your realtor's other clients. Please let us know how their estimates compare to the others.

Return to “Open Community”