Ever heard of Dumbo moving in Brooklyn, NY

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nykrfan

Ever heard of Dumbo moving in Brooklyn, NY

Postby nykrfan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:42 am

Hi---I only have a few pieces of furniture to move from Bklyn to Fla and can't really afford much. Items are more in sentiment than $$$ value. Heard about Dumbo Moving ( not the least expensive when I was quoted) but seem to have 0 complaints on FMCSA ( OK 'cept the bedbug thing, but I'm not so sure about that???) and people seem nice. Anyone have a heads up on them?

Thanks,

NYKRFAN

rydog444

Re: Ever heard of Dumbo moving in Brooklyn, NY

Postby rydog444 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 am

This is the only real information on this site about Dumbo.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17112

I would not worry at all about the concerns of that thread.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 am

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nykrfan

Postby nykrfan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks so much for the replies---lots of the bigger companies, because of the winter slumps, won't do my small load or want to charge triple. Both understandable. Well I went on the FMSCA site and it looks almost the same info as alot of other companies. Maybe I'll give them a try!!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:48 pm

They only have 1 complaint at the BBB so that's good:
http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.a ... 1&id=98590

nykrfan

Postby nykrfan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm

i wish i knew what the 1 complaint was for? and apparently it may not have been bad enough that they did not complain to the FMCSA site. is a complaint bad since they are only a yr. + old?

I just spoke with Danny from Dumbo----seems very nice---didn't take a deposit? is that unusual?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Most movers shouldn't require a deposit.

Either the person complaining at the BBB did a local move (that doesn't involve the FMCSA) or they didn't know about the protectyourmove.gov website.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am

One thing I would worry about with a small company like Dumbo is that they would have to wait for other loads to make transporting your small shipment to FL worthwhile. In other words, delivery might be slow. You should definitely ask about this. Maybe they have something else lined up already, and that's why they're willing to move you for a lower price than others have quoted.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

nykrfan

Postby nykrfan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks Diane and everyone else for the info-----they are not the lowest quoted---actually 4 or 5 other companies were lower------I'm not in a rush - most of the items are going into storage anyway, but I still don't want the things driving cross country either. So I will try and firm up a tentative sked and ask the questions that you've mentioned.

nykrfan

Postby nykrfan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey - I used Dumbo for my move---thanks for all the info this site provided. Company was great--they were a little late on delivery to Fla from NY, but I did specify that I wasn't in any rush. Furniture was padded upstairs before being brought down to first floor to help protect walls, etc. I haven't opened the boxes yet but they seem to show no signs of damage---will let you know if there is any when I get around to unpacking.

At this point I would definitely recommend them.

Nykrfan

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Thank you so much for coming back to report! Glad your move went well.

Return to “Open Community”