**AmeriCarrier Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
aussiemover

**AmeriCarrier Van Lines

Postby aussiemover » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 pm

I am moving from the Los Angeles area to Boston. I would love to know if anyone has had any experience with AmeriCarrier Van Lines. (I couldn't find any discussions or forums on this company already.)

Here is the company information:
US DOT: 1617913
ICC MC: 597859
http://www.vanlines.com/moving_companie ... es_ld.html

I've had a quote from them, but I've done it all via telephone, which makes me nervous. I had another company (Merit Moving Systems -- a United Van Lines agent -- US DOT 077949) come and do an in-home estimate -- the weight estimate was very similar, but almost $3000 more expensive than AmeriCarrier's estimate.

After what I've learned from this website, I will seek at least one more quote from a local company who will come to my home, but would be interested in any references with regard to AmeriCarrier.

Thank you.

JMillerFL

Re: AmeriCarrier Van Lines

Postby JMillerFL » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:48 pm

What is your gut telling you? Do you think this unknown company with maybe a few trucks can really afford to do your job for $3000 less than a reputable Van Lines? I think you need to have one or two more reputable Van Lines agents do an in-home estimate for you. I think you will find that the quotes are close to the one you received from United. Best of luck

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 pm

They're only about a year old and they already have several complaints on protectyourmove.gov including two complaints of a hostage load. They only have one truck and two drivers; companies that small usually have a problem doing long-distance moves so they may hold your goods for a long time before delivering or they may sell your job to another mover. You don't want either scenario. I would pass on this company.

aussiemover

Postby aussiemover » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 pm

That's enough info for me. I'll definitely pass on them and keep looking!

Thanks for the thoughtful responses and excellent information.
Much appreciated.

cooldago

Postby cooldago » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:53 pm

From my own personal experience, I will tell all readers to avoid Americarrier like the plege. They are nothing short of a rip off company. Without going through great lengths of telling you my own experience. Here is what happen. The pickup driver, picks up two Mexican's in front of Lowes and shows up late at my home. He has me do paper work, then gets started putting my things on the truck. I noticed one of the Mexican's taping up my file cabinet (yes tape on medal, instead of wrapping the cabinet with a blanket) that is a clue he wasn't an experience mover. After loading the truck, the driver tells me I underestimated my things. I complained to his manager, anyway, they took my stuff and told me they would have it delivered in 3 to 4 days, leaving me a bill of lading. It took them eleven days, four days in storage in the San Fernando Valley, and four days in Jackson, Mississippi. When I kept calling where's my stuff, and they given me the "I don't know answer," I knew something was rotten going on. On the eleventh day, Jack was his name shows up by himself. First thing he does is ask for the money due up front and cash only. (My attorney later told me the next time any movers do that to you again, call the police right then and there, because they are holding your things as hostage and that is against the law). Anyway, after unloading all my things from the truck, I notice several things missing. Jack writes the missing things down, then takes off like a bat out of hell, without even giving me a receipt for the cash I did give him. I can't prove it, but have a funny feeling my stuff is sitting in his or his girl friends Jackson, Mississippi home. It doesn't take four days to go from Jackson, Mississippi to Huntsville, Alabama, a drive on a good day will take you a good 5 to 6 hours. How can anybody loose a large black orthopaedic massage chair that weighs a 1/2 ton???? My advice to all you readers. DO NOT USE AMERICARRIER VAN LINES. (PERIOD). They claim their corporate headquarters is located in Moreno Valley, California. The Postal Service shows they moved left no address. They then tell the California Secretary of State they are located in San Diego, California. The Postal Service returned my certified letter stating Attempted Unknown. Their physical address is on 14545 Friar St., in Van Nuys, California 91401. They claim they have been in this business since 1998, the Secretary of State shows them to have been in business since 2007. So who are they kidding. :evil:

aussiemover

Postby aussiemover » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this; I'm glad I passed on them. Sorry for your experience though.

I should add that I ended up going with Mayflower and they were very good. My only complaint is that I had to chase them on the phone for updates -- the agent didn't return my calls and someone else in their office ended up helping me with information. I expected them to call after the weigh in to confirm the weight of my shipment. (They overestimated, but promptly refunded the difference.) I also had to call for updates on the anticipated delivery date once they were in route. They did take the maximum time they said they would take to deliver (15 days) and on the day of delivery, they arrived about 3 hours after they said they would (had to use a shuttle to access my Boston apartment), but nothing was damaged or missing.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey, it's nice you got money back!

I don't know when your things were actually delivered, but did it run into the holidays? I wonder if they were short-staffed for that reason and that's why you weren't getting the info you needed when you needed it.

aussiemover

Postby aussiemover » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 pm

It was August, actually, so end of summer holidays. That may have been it.

Diane

Re: **AmeriCarrier Van Lines

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:07 pm

aussie,

Which Mayflower agent did you end up using, so we can give them proper credit for a good move?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”