Any feedback on Plycon Van Lines?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
melissa

Re: Any feedback on Plycon Van Lines?

Postby melissa » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:01 pm

Diane,
I would call them moderate at $180/hr. for 4 guys. They also store stuff for a reasonable rate. I should note that I did not find them. My husband, who is quite frugal and also doesn't care so much about his stuff, hired them. He only had a couple really important items. We were consolodating after living in his very small "bachelor pad" apt. for 1.5 years. Before this I never had room to send my things out from Chicago.

melissa

Postby melissa » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:30 pm

In response to the comment that the lesson is to have someone monitoring the packers at all times, we did: Plycon sent its office manager to do that, and my mother and I were both there, so we had 3 people monitoring 4 packers. Shouldn't that be enough? While I can help and try to watch like a hawk, it is the MOVING COMPANY'S responsibility to train their packers and hire competent people (that's what we Pay them for). Notwithstanding my own lack of training I would consider it common sense to pad pictures and put them face to face or back to back.

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:15 pm

I decided to give plycon a call for my move from long island to pensacola florida. I e-mailed them over the weekend but i will follow up with them on monday. One of their locations is about 15 minutes from my home, so if need be i can even go to their location and check them out.

By the way it does feel good to be registered now, rather than being a guest.

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:58 pm

Just wondering what it takes for Plycon to return a phone call. I called the Kings Park location at 9:00 this morning and they told me i needed to speak with Dawn, who doesn't get in til 10:00. I called a couple of times since then and she has been on the phone and at 12:30 she was out to lunch. It is now 2:00 est and I will try her again. Would I want to deal with a company who doesn't return phone calls. All i want is to set up an insite estimate appointment.

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:54 pm

They finally called me back and in a 1 minute conversation set up an appt for an estimate to be given to me on Friday. Hall-Lane are coming by tommorrow and on Thursday certified and then friday plycon. I'll post how all the estimates go.

Again i really appreciate this site.

Steven

Postby Steven » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:56 pm

Melissa, very helpful and useful information. I've decided to keep all my things where they are not move at present. I heard some negative feedback on Plycon from a reputable furniture dealer two weeks ago, but otherwise haven't heard complaints. Meanwhile, I am considering using an executive relocation mover instead. Thanks again for sharing all this useful info!

Steven

Postby Steven » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:57 pm

NYaccent: that was exactly my impression as well. A very useful lesson here.

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:27 pm

Live and learn they say! I am just wondering how their estimate will compare to the one i already have and the one i am getting tomorrow.

suprlvr

Postby suprlvr » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:45 pm

to whomit may concern ive moved with plycon in the past but at this present time i would not move with them any more and ihave a large move going on very soon and i chose to go with jk moving and storage in the d.c area due to the fact they are a family owned company and they were recommended to me several times and they have good trucks and the best crew to do the job without any problems :lol:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:49 pm

I agree about JK Moving, but why are you using a company in VA to do a move if you're in FL?

loverofole

Postby loverofole » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:41 pm

As a dealer of high end furniture and accessories, I sold a dining room table with 12 leaves to a client and shipped the item by Plycon. The table arrived but the leaves were lost. The manufacturer of the table could not replace the leaves. I purchased additional coverage uo to the purchase price that the customer paid. Plycon didn't want to file a claim until they had chance to "find" the leaves. I gave them 1 month and 1 week. They want us to wait 90 days to have time to try to find the leaves and my customer has no intentions of waiting that amount of time, until Plycon exert their resources in finding the leaves. Then I was told that I didn't even had a claim they had more time to finding the leaves. In the meantime, my client wants her purchase price back and processed a charge-back, thus I have lost money. I would not recommend this company to anyone! They will not stand behind their customers and does not want to pay their claims. What is the purpose of purchasing the additional insurance coverage, if they have no intentions of paying a claim when needed. Just to get more money? We have requested a claim form, proof of insurance, claim processing procedures, etc and nothing has been sent to date. I'm not sure they have insurance!!!!!!!

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paligic

Postby paligic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm

loverofole

So what happened with the claim for your table? Did they find the item or pay the claim as they stated they would?

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Removed

Return to “Open Community”