Any word on Whitehouse movers or Paul Taylor Movers in MA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jenkscor

Any word on Whitehouse movers or Paul Taylor Movers in MA

Postby jenkscor » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:39 am

I am obviously looking to move in the next month. I have quotes from 4 moving companies. The cheapest are Whitehouse Movers (stoneham, MA) and Paul Taylor Movers (Wakefield, MA). I was curious if anyone has experience with these moving companies, good or bad?

Thanks

- Corey

consumer advocate

Re: Any word on Whitehouse movers or Paul Taylor Movers in M

Postby consumer advocate » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:07 am

Do you have DOT numbers, telephone numbers, web addresses and complete addresses in Stoneham and Wakefield? This would help us assess these companies. I only found a White House Movers 2000 listed with the DOT and that company is in Staten Island, New York.

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:11 am

I haven't really been able to find much info except that Paul Taylor operates under the blanket United DOT# 077949. They say on the site that they are a United agent and there's probably someone who can confirm that on this site. The name and address is as follows:

Paul Taylor Co., Inc Moving & Storage
90 New Salem St.
Wakefield, MA 01880
781-245-7080

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:17 am

Whitehouse Moving & Storage
38 Montvale St. Suite 320
Stoneham, MA 02180
781-438-9340

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:25 am

Whitehouse's website says they've been around since 1934. However, I can't find jack on them except in the BBB which is kind of odd.

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:23 pm

Paul Taylor is indeed a United Agent. But I do not have any info on them good or bad.

Ask to see their quality scores. Ask if they have ever won the "Customer Choice Award".

If he/she can provide you with some feedback in regards to their quality, I think that might make you feel more at ease.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Bob Murphy

Postby Bob Murphy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:27 am

Paul Taylor has been around for a very long time, back when I was a Mayflower driver they were a agent for them, then they changed over to United, From what I can remeber they had nice clean wharehouse and ran a good operation. It has been at least 10 years since I had any dealings with them, but if they are still owned by the same people you shouldn't have any promlems with them. Good luck
Bob

Josh

Postby Josh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:47 pm

Here is what I found out about Paul Taylor United:

1997 Convention Fleet Safety Award
2002 President's Club Revenue Award

Out of 10 rating categories, all were above, meets, or exceeds standards except for 2 of them:
Willingness to recommend (Below Standard)
Overall rating of Move Coordinator (Below)

The last thing, it looks like their claims rating are very good. Out of a 5 star rating system, they had between 3 and 5 stars on each of the 5 categories.

These ratings I am talking about come from customer service surveys which are mailed out to every customer we move. (If we have their delivery info. in the computer)

Don't know if this helps, but worth a shot.

Return to “Open Community”