Review - Apex Moving and Storage (Seattle / Puyallup, WA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Tijuana Tiki

Review - Apex Moving and Storage (Seattle / Puyallup, WA)

Postby Tijuana Tiki » Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm

This one's a year overdue, but wanted to get it in because our experience was so good.

We were transferred by my company from Seattle to the LA area. From both positive comments here on Moving Scam and a personal recommendation, we went with Apex Moving and Storage (http://www.apexmovers.com/).

Because of some unusual circumstances, we had to throw nearly all of our stuff into a self storage place and have the movers unload it from there into a shuttle, shuttle to a trailer, and then down to LA. We didn't have long to find a mover when we were ready for them a few months later -- about three or four days -- and had to have it scheduled ASAP. We also had no way to visit them in person to arrange things, since we were already in LA, so it was all done over the phone with Dean Savage, our moving coordinator and an all-around great guy. I did the best we could trying to track what was in our boxes and what the approximate weight and cubic footage would be of our stuff so he could put together a reasonably accurate estimate, which he did, and the price was competitive with what others had paid for similar distances and times of the year.

The day before I was to fly up and open the locker for the crew, an emergency interrupted and I had to cancel my flight. No problem for Apex. They were able to help a friend of ours up in Seattle figure out how to get to the place, get it opened, and took care of everything.

Move in went well. The driver was Apex and seemed like a good guy. He was helped out by two guys from a local affiliate in Van Nuys. Wish I remember who they were with so I could recommend them, because they were great. All I recall is that they were both named Jesse. All of our stuff was handled carefully, and there was no damage save for a little bit of road vibration decay to some cheap Ikea furniture, which is normal for a move of that distance.

After the move, the driver realized that he forgot to unload a headboard to our bed that was hidden behind some other furniture in the truck. Even though he was all the way across LA (a good 2-3 hour drive), he made it up that evening to drop it off instead of having us wait a few more days to get us on the way back out of town to Seattle.

I can't recommend Apex and Dean highly enough. If you're going anywhere to or from the Seattle area, do yourself a favor and check them out. Their prices are good, and their employees are courteous and handle your stuff like its their own. They also did a good job of finding a local affiliate that matches their own values in Los Angeles. Excellent job, and thanks to Moving Scam for helping put us in touch with them.

Tijuana Tiki

Re: Review - Apex Moving and Storage (Seattle / Puyallup, WA)

Postby Tijuana Tiki » Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Ugh... I'm a moron. I already reviewed Apex a year ago: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20559 Forgot that I had. Well, I guess they're good enough to merit two.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread, merge it, or whatever. My bad.

Return to “Open Community”