gentle giant movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
joey

gentle giant movers

Postby joey » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:12 pm

Hi Has anyone any info on Gentle Giant movers of

29 Harding st
Sommerville, MA 02143

All info greatly appreceiated. Thank you

Josh

Re: gentle giant movers

Postby Josh » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:57 am

Joey,

Need just a little more info to do a search.

1. DOT #
2. Phone #

How are they estimating your charges, by weight or cubic foot?

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:22 am

Joey,

Gentle Giant:

http://www.gentlegiant.com

DOT#: 373544
MC#: 218762

This company incorporated in 1985 according to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts which is a good sign that they have been in business for that long. Their safety rating is pretty much in line with the national average, and they haven't had any recent problems with their operating authority and/or insurance.

Gentle Giant is also a member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA). While it's pretty well known that I disagree on several issues with the AMSA I would still choose an AMSA member over a non-AMSA member.

While MovingScam.com does not recommend any moving company over another, from what I see here I would be comfortable having this company on my list of companies to have an in-home estimate done with. Don't rely on just one company. Get at least three in-home estimates. For more information on choosing a reputable moving company, you can review this article: http://www.movingscam.com/news/findmover.shtml

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

W in Boston

Postby W in Boston » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:53 am

I have never used their services, but they are the most common moving trucks to see in my neighborhood (Beacon Hill in Boston). They also won the best mover award in Boston magazine's Best of Boston issue a few times. They sound like they have some non-internet credibility.

-w

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:32 am

I have never used them, but a number of my friends have over the past 5 years. They have a reputation for being expensive, but EXTREMELY reliable, polite and responsible. Two of my friends who used them had final bills less than the original estimate. They actually give a satisfaction or your money back guarantee, and have a great track record of living up to their promise. I am planning an interstate move now, and unfortunately probably can't afford them (they're mostly local), but if I were moving local, I would use them in an instant.

Return to “Open Community”