Local Move - Boston area

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Philippe

Local Move - Boston area

Postby Philippe » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:17 pm

Hi,

Less than 4 months after moving from DC (and having sweated on the choice of an inter-state mover - refer to previous discussion topics...), I'm going to move within the Boston area, from Central Sqaure in Cambridge to the South End in Boston.

Gentle Giant is all over the place here. Not only have they received many Best of Boston awards but they have good word-of-mouth. The problem is that they are expensive.

Could anyone recommend reliable movers who would more affordable than Gentle Giant?

We don't have a big move but have a couple of bulky and heavy items. So we'd rather go through a mover than do the move ourselves.

Thanks so much in advance and I hope the entire MovingScam team is doing well...

Best,

Philippe

Diane

Re: Local Move - Boston area

Postby Diane » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:29 pm

Welcome back, Philippe! We remember you well.

Here is a thread that may give you some ideas. - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2048

I'm sure that "rosiet33" would be willing to talk with you but I think she's moving today or tomorrow with ABF (from the Somerville area). Still, you might try sending her a PM.

Tyrone

Re: Local Move - Boston area

Postby Tyrone » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:10 pm

All I can suggest is this:

AVOID those "gypsy" movers based out of the Allston/Brighton/Watertown community. The vast, vast majority of them are nothing but trouble.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

Return to “Open Community”