Crown Relocations

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Crown Relocations

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:52 pm

hi
does anyone have any experience relocating with Crown Relocations, internationally? I cant find their US DOT# on their website.

Diane

Re: Crown Relocations

Postby Diane » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:42 pm

I am reposting one of my posts from last month on the chance it might be helpful to you.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Five companies doing international moves that have been mentioned favorably by professional movers posting here are

Stevens International in Seattle (no website; phone 206-282-9840)
Crown Worldwide, a United company, at www.crownworldwide.com
Gateways International at www.gatewaysinternational.com
Rainier Overseas Movers at www.rainieros.com
Champion International Moving at www.champmove.com

I stress that I have no personal experience with any of these companies and am a consumer, not a mover.

You can see people's comments on these companies if you do a search on this website. People talk about their general reputation, but as I recall, so far no one has used them (except for Champion) and come back to report to us. As a general comment, moving internationally with reputable companies is very expensive and beset by delays, and in some cases people have decided to just mail some boxes to themselves and buy new furniture overseas rather than trying to use a moving company to ship large items.

A warning: Don't use any company that has ANY complaints on the Internet (where there's smoke there's fire) and don't use any "new" company. Two companies that we know are bad are Worldwide Relocations and Globe Movers, Inc. International moving is a real minefield. Don't take chances.

You might want to consult the article on international moving on the "Links" page of this website.

RichTC

Postby RichTC » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:03 pm

I checked my database. I've only had one experience with Crown Worldwide Relocations and it was several years ago.
I got the call for restorations (can't remember what damages occurred) but their customer was taken care of and I was paid promptly - alway a good sign.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:14 am

hi,

i've decided to do my relocation with Crown. they are the most expensive, but they are also the only ones that are not sub-contracting my move with other companies.

i hope all goes well and will let you guys know the outcome.

Return to “Open Community”