Within-state Moving in Bothell/Woodinville WA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
DCTapeworm

Within-state Moving in Bothell/Woodinville WA

Postby DCTapeworm » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:17 pm

Hi all,

First off, as most people have done, thank you very much for the creation of this website. It's a invaluable resource and I thank those that have spent their time contributing to it for everyone's benefit.

Now, my question. :)

I'm going to be moving interstate between Bothell and Woodinville, from an apartment to a house. It's about a ten minute drive.

I'm leaning towards using ABF or Broadway Express, but I haven't investigated to see if there are any locations here in the greater Seattle area.

Even so, since this is a solo move, and I don't have anyone to help out, I was thinking of using a full service mover to take care of the heavy items. The problem is that most of the reviews I've taken the past two hours to skim involve state-to-state moves with full time movers. I'm just looking for a very local one.

I've looked in the phone book here as well, but again, most are state-to-state national.

Are there any suggestions on what to look for in terms of local moving companies? Would their prices differ drastically based on the short location in my example?

Any feedback would be mucho appreciated. :D TIA.

Diane

Re: Interstate Moving in Bothell/Woodinville WA

Postby Diane » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:49 pm

Hi,

Basically you're doing a local move in Greater Seattle, so you won't be able to use either ABF or BE. They do only interstate moves.

However, there is a local mover in your area that was highly recommended by "jersey_grrl" who moved from Seattle last June:

McCloud Moving
Bellevue
206-248-1095
Owner is Mark Zupan

She said they are always booked up because they're so good, so you might want to call them right away. You could also try to send a PM to "jersey_grrl" for more advice.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12568

DCTapeworm

Re: Interstate Moving in Bothell/Woodinville WA

Postby DCTapeworm » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:37 pm

Sounds great. I'll check them out.
If there are others that were referred here, please post the same sort of redirects. Thanks for your quick reply Diane. :)

Re: Within-state Moving in Bothell/Woodinville WA

Postby 23 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:27 pm

Unfortunately the link posted on this site about the arrests in the Woodinville area is now archived, but let me just give you a brief recap:

Last summer a company in Woodinville was shut down for scamming so may people and charged with multiple offenses. A lady posted on this site saying that she had 1 week to get her stuff from their seized warehouse.

I offered my assistance. I called Star Moving Systems (United Van Lines Agent) and arranged for them to send out 2 men to pick her items up. She was already in CO and couldn't afford the ransom the company was trying to charge her so she had to leave her items behind.

Star picked her goods up and held them in their warehouse until I could find a way to get them to CO for her. They billed my like $100 to do this (not even covering their costs) and prepared them for shipping for me. The lady had her items delivered in CO two weeks after pick up and the total move for everything ended up costing her $100!

The pick up had to be coordinated with the Attorney General and they went out of their way to make this a success.

I suggest you at least invite them in for a free in home estimate and hopefully they can help you.

Here is their info:

STAR MOVING SYSTEMS
14660 NE N WOODINVILLE WAY
WOODINVILLE, WA 98072
Phone: (425) 806-2060
Fax: (425) 806-2059
Toll Free: (800) 859-3201
jackieh@starmoving.com
http://www.starmoving.com

Good luck!

DCTapeworm

Postby DCTapeworm » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:37 pm

Just finished filling out their form for a quote, and I'll give them a call after my 2pm meeting today.

Thanks again for the referral. You've been a great help (seriously). :) With everything I'm trying to keep track of and arrange for the move, this helps a whole lot.

Elliot May

Postby Elliot May » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:19 pm

Please use my email address for Star Moving Systems out of Woodinville, Wa. ElliotM @ Starmoving.com. Jackie is no longer with us.
We are a full service moving company, Local, Interstate and International.

Elliot May
General Manager
Star Moving Systems
ElliotM @ Starmoving.com

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:27 pm

Thanks. I just put spaces around the @ sign so spammers won't pick up your email address. I remember that someone posting here as "GnB" was going to move with your company to VA but they haven't come back to report as yet - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4727 I was the one who suggested that they get a quote from you, actually.

Return to “Open Community”