FLAT RATE MOVING - MD

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: FLAT RATE MOVING - MD

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:15 pm

Carrie, just make sure that the Flat Rate you are considering has nothing to do with the Flat Rate Movers run by Eli Alosh out of Rockville, MD that is mentioned in this article - http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:TKgO ... aint&hl=en
You might also want to call the number in that press release to see whether they know anything about your Flat Rate.

amolecule

Postby amolecule » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:06 pm

Carrie... did you use Flat rate movers after all?? I have them coming to give an estimate and would like to get some feedback from someone else that has used them.
We moved down from NY with a great company called Fixed Price Moving that I would definately recommend, who also gave a guaranteed price, did everything they said they would do, and stuck to the price while being thorough and polite etc. However, they are based in NY and won't do a local move down in MD ( we are moving within one zip code). We found them off a web site, so it is possible to get good movers from one of these sites
I also had not such a good experience with Best time movers who are based in MD. I needed them to move some furniture from my old apt in DC to the burbs and they were just very slow and overcharged, so am determined to get good movers this time.
So any feedback on Flat Rate would be good.
Also getting town and country, Beltway and Thomas AAA to come give estimates.
thank you

carrieh04

Postby carrieh04 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:00 pm

I did end up using Flat Rate Moving. They did a good job, but I think I payed too much. Also, they were "difficult" when asked for an itemized price breakdown. They ended up only sending me an inventory list and the price breakdown was something we didn't receive until moving day. They also charged me a $115 surcharge, which I was never told about. I called to find out what it was all about, but they still haven't gotten back to me. They did a pretty good job with the move, but were a little unorganized with the pricing. If I were you, I'd request an itemized breakdown of how they came up with the cost to make sure they are comparable with other companies. On the bright side, since it wasn't an hourly job, I wasn't stressed about how long the move was actually going to take. GOOD LUCK!! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:11 pm

this site management gets support and funds from the major van lines companies :idea:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:51 pm

Proof?

And why are you picking out two-year old threads to make such claims?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:57 pm

Oh, I get it! You work for the Flat Rate in MD owned by Eli Alosh!

You are a Verizon customer from the Baltimore area, you pick out a two-year-old thread to begin a tryptich of random quotes that are false, then go with a 2005 and 2006 from California. Nice vintages.

When you have something better, or at least true, to say, let us know.

Return to “Open Community”