Horizon Moving Systems, agent for United Van Lines Phoenix

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
soonertweety

Horizon Moving Systems, agent for United Van Lines Phoenix

Postby soonertweety » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Tim .. I'm not sure if I know who you are or not. I was in the Moving & Storage industry for over 30 years. A few things I would like to pass along .. if ANY driver goes to Horizon Moving Systems in Phoenix to get help loading or unloading his truck, he needs to be VERY careful. Horizon is known for letting ANYONE on their lot to help the drivers ... most being without a green card. On more than one occassion, it was reported to Horizon that while the driver was with the customer, the help would climb up into his cab and steal the money out of his wallet and "poof" the help was gone. Also, customers BEWARE of Horizons estimates .. their salesmen are known for adding a markup .. customers should ask a line by line explaination and if it doesn't make sense, call the ICC.

twalker
Site Admin

Re: Horizon Moving Systems, agent for United Van Lines Phoen

Postby twalker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:37 pm

soonertweety,

I can't really address your accusations against Horizon because I am not familiar with their business practices. I can tell you that the ICC is no longer in existence. Complaints should be filed with the FMCSA, and consumers should read the articl "How to File Moving Complaints" for more places to file complaints.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Re: Horizon Moving Systems, agent for United Van Lines Phoen

Postby 23 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:13 pm

Not that my word would be more credible than "soonertweety" but I do have a very good friend that drives for Horizon in Phoenix and I can tell you he is one of the best.

When I first started in sales a few years back, he hauled most all of my National Account moves and all went great. He decided a few years ago to drive for an agency closer to his home and he chose Horizon.

I have personally used this company for a lot of the work I currently do and would just have to question your motive with this accusation.

Anyways, I would use this company if I were to move!

Return to “Report A Scam”