Alaska Vehicle transport vs DAS

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
amoorthy

Alaska Vehicle transport vs DAS

Postby amoorthy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:04 am

I am getting ready to move from the Seattle area to NJ. I am comparing auto shippers right now. Has anyone used ALASKA VEHICLE TRANSPORT (division of United Road Serv), out of Federal Way, WA ?
They are quoting $ 1195 door-to-door.
DAS is quoting $ 960 door-to-door, $810 if I drop/pick up.

Pls. comment if you have any experiences with Alaska Vehicle Transport, as I cannot find any reviews for that company.

Thank you.

Diane

Re: Alaska Vehicle transport vs DAS

Postby Diane » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:01 pm

Don't use any auto transport company that you can't find any reviews for. Companies that have good reviews on this website are DAS and Tn'T, plus one person had a good experience with A to Z Auto Shipping.

amoorthy

Postby amoorthy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Thanks Diane. That's sound advice. I personally went to Alaska Vehicle Transport's office and they appeared professional & knowledgable. Still, I would like references. I am going to talk to a few car dealers in the area as well, to see who they are using for vehicle transport.

Movin' Mama

Postby Movin' Mama » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:55 pm

Did you ever find additional information about Alaska Vehicle Transport?

We will be moving from Olympia WA to Minneapolis in June with Lile Moving and Storage (North American). Our agent, Alan Botsford, recommended that we go with Alaska ($1150 to transport our 1993 Honda Civic Wagon). He has worked with them for 7 years and felt they were a consistently reliable company. I looked up Alaska's home office in Anchorage with the BBB (Alaska is a BBB member). They have a satisfactory rating and no record of complaints in the last 3 years.

I have recently been following the DAS vs. TNT Auto transporter sticky thread and am feeling kind of concerned about DAS. (By the way, what does "sticky" mean?) I had been considering DAS until now.

Thanks for your input!
Movin' Mama

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:40 am

I think I read on another thread that you decided to go with Alaska, and that Allen Auto Transport was going to use them. On that basis I feel confident that they are OK.

A "sticky" just means that we have made sure that the topic will stay at the top of the messageboard so that people can consult it over the long term. Otherwise, topics tend to sink to the bottom as more recent posts are made. The topics on stickies are ones that we have found that many people are interested in.

Return to “Open Community”