Blue Line Movers - ever heard of them?

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
PER1880

Blue Line Movers - ever heard of them?

Postby PER1880 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:12 pm

After reading through all the information on this website, I must admit that I'm 90% certain I'll rent a u-Haul and drive my belongings to D.C. myself, just hiring people to load and unload the truck at either end. (Although I'm sure there are all sorts of scams and frauds I'll run into with that plan as well.)

However, I am curious if anyone has heard of or has an opinion about www.bluelinemovers.com. I have to admit that I really fell for their schtick about how "We are affable and intelligent people from the arts and music community who just happen to have the strength and experience neccessary to handle almost any moving situation." They even have a link on their website to a band that's apparently affiliated with them...and promoted by Blueline Records. Very strange, in retrospect. Check it out at http://www.bluelinemovers.com/lowdown/
Anyway, being an artist myself, I fell for it and naively sent in my needs, along with my phone # and email address. Now of course I wish I hadn't shared that contact info.

I'm just interested whether anyone has ever heard of or dealt with Blue Line Movers. Perhaps this whole "we're artists" thing is just a new angle of scamming customers?

consumer advocate

Re: Blue Line Movers - ever heard of them?

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:17 pm

They have an unsatisfactory rating from the BBB. And the BBB is such a weak, ineffectual organization that an unsatisfactory from them has to be taken seriously. I would eliminate this company as a possibility.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:27 pm

Are you in the Boston area? There have been discussions of movers up there. Do a search with "Boston" in quotes to see what pops up.

Unless you are moving from within 250 miles of DC, this comapny cannot move you. There is no interstate license listed for Blueline Movers.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:41 am

Thanks to both of you!
I'm tempted to respond to their quote and ask for a copy of their interstate license >:) but I don't think I'll bait them. Better to just walk away.

Thanks again! I've actually definitely decided to just get a u-Haul and drive myself. I'm just going from Trenton in South Jersey, so I should be fine.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:47 am

I sent an email to Phil at Blue Line asking for their DOT/MC license numbers. He sent me back their state license and said that they broker out their interstate moves. When I asked for his MC license again, since he would still need one with Broker authority and a $10k bond, he didn't reply at all. I could say that I'm shocked... but I'm not. :wink:

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Report A Scam”