Marlin Vanlines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ggoula

Marlin Vanlines

Postby ggoula » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:20 pm

Can anyone tell be about Marlin Vanlines out of Tamarac, FL?

MusicMom

Re: Marlin Vanlines

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:05 pm

First of all, Marlin Van Lines (MC517100) isn't a Van Lines. They are a broker only, and only got THAT license on March 25th of this year. Keep looking.

Where did you hear about them? If you are getting quotes based on info put into a website, then ignore EVERY SINGLE EMAIL YOU GET.

Where are you moving to and from?

ggoula

Postby ggoula » Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 am

I found them through linksearch. I found their contract to be very biased and required too much personal info (SS#, credit card #, address).

We are going with a local mover, Stillwell Movers, for our move from a Philadelphia suburb to southern New Jersey. We checked them out through the BBB and they looked good. We are a bit leary because we need to store our belongings with them for 5 days. Any info or advice?

Thanks!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed May 18, 2005 10:37 am

Is this the same company as the JC Stillwell & Sons being asked about on another thread? - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3991 Please clarify.

If they are not JC Stillwell but instead Stillwell of Media, PA, Inc., their MC license number is 116708. It looks as if they aren't licensed to do interstate moves but only moves within PA. If I were you I would check them out with local realtors and also with the state licensing association if you can find out how to reach it. Anyway, at least you have escaped Marlin.

ggoula

Postby ggoula » Wed May 18, 2005 2:06 pm

Looks like my wife posted a message as well. Same company--JC Stillwell and Son--not Stillwell of Media. I did not realize their were two fifferent Stillwell movers in our area. I just realized that the referral we received was for Stillwell of Media--not the JC Stillwell's we are going to use. Any knowledge of JC Stillwells?

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed May 18, 2005 2:26 pm

OK, now we have it. On www.safersys.org it lists itself as having 4 trucks and 4 drivers. The legal name of the company is J.C. Stilwell's Son, Inc., and its MC license number is 44156. It is licensed to do interstate moves (a good sign) and has a good record from 1998 on, although there were earlier revocations. I don't know about the "97 years" of experience claimed on its website at www.stilwellandson.com, but on the surface, at least, it looks reputable.

nicknack

Postby nicknack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:17 am

For Everyone Considering Marlin Van Lines,

This company is just about as un-friendly and un-professional as they come. Our experience with them is an ongoing complete disaster, and on the verge of requiring legal assistance. For all its worth save your time, money, and lots of headache medicine. Think long and hard before signing anything with this company.

An Exhausted and Discussed Customer
Nicknack

Return to “Open Community”