Mohawk Moving, Armstrong-Dallas, or A1 Freeman - DALLAS???

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
SpecialK

Mohawk Moving, Armstrong-Dallas, or A1 Freeman - DALLAS???

Postby SpecialK » Sat May 28, 2005 11:02 pm

These are local companies in the Dallas area that hold United Van Lines, Mayflower, and North American.

Does anyone have any good or bad expereince with any of these companies?

Michael

Re: Mohawk Moving, Armstrong-Dallas, or A1 Freeman - DALLAS?

Postby Michael » Sun May 29, 2005 8:55 am

Armstrong is a good agent in the Dallas area. Was Mohawk the Mayflower rep? They must be cross repping now. My experience with A-1 was over 10 years ago, they could be better by now. Nancy would know better then me.

If I had to choose between the United or Mayflower I would go United. Price wise they use the exact same tariff and same discounting guidelines. So price would be a wash there.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon May 30, 2005 3:40 pm

With A-1 Freeman, I do not think you will be scammed (I work for another NAVL agent). However, I would state that I don't think you are going to get excellent customer service. They are fine, not great and not horrible. Armstrong has a strong reputation in the industry, although I have no direct experience with them. The best NAVL agent in your area is Ward NorthAmerican. I have no idea if you've already had A1 Freeman in your home, or if you are interested. But Ward has won tons of customer service excellence awards. They have an outstanding reputation. I don't work for them or any other agent in your area, I'm just speaking from experience in the same van line.

mojolisa

Postby mojolisa » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:44 pm

Do you have a phone number and contact name for these movers? Which one did you choose?

SpecialK

Postby SpecialK » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:24 am

I chose Mohawk Moving Company because I liked them the best - good customer service & price. Their number is 866.869.6219

Return to “Open Community”