peachtree movers?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nullset

peachtree movers?

Postby nullset » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:58 am

Hi,

I'm moving inside atlanta, about 10 miles from my current place. I have a 2 br apt and am moving to a 1br (the other bedroom of stuff belongs to someone else ;) )

Has anyone used peachtree movers? They at least have their hourly rates posted.

I would move myself, but we have a piano and a w/d, and the new place has a flight of stairs.....

should i hire someone specifically for the piano and/or w/d, and do the rest myself, or just hire someone to do it all?

--buddy

Doug

Re: peachtree movers?

Postby Doug » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am

nullset,

Personally contact the Georgia DMV and query if they are in good standings. refer to the below list for local movers also,

http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/cvc/carriersdata.asp

If you look at doing it yourself. I am assuming W/D is washer and dryer. When you rent a truck they can supply you with a hand truck made for wide/large items. Not as bad to move as you think, just make sure of door sizes beforehand The piano you may want to look into having a specific piano company move it. I remember when I was down in Gwinnett I passed a place on Buford Hwy in Duluth. They would know how to prep it for moving better than a generic mover. My thoughts.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:52 am

Several local movers in Atlanta are discussed in this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3698

TxGyrl

Postby TxGyrl » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:34 pm

I am in Atlanta and moved a little over a month ago, about six miles closer inside the city, although that was complicated by the lane closures in Peachtree!

After doing a few searches on "Atlanta" on this site and looking up some of the better known companies in the area (Two Men and Truck, Atlanta Peach, etc.) with the BBB, I took a chance on a recommendation that someone made here. I checked the appropriate places (DMV, BBB) and they had the best ratings of the bunch.

The company was called Mark the Mover. They were pricier than I had hoped to pay but worth every penny. They were FANTASTIC! I have done several moves in and around the city, and they took the best care of my furniture. They arrived early, were courteous and professional and just overall did a great job. I was so pleased that I even called the operations manager, who initially set my appointment and scheduled my ove, to thank him. If I move again, I will definitely use them again!

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:04 am

Atlanta peach movers is the one we're thinking of using.

Our main concern is the piano and appliances. They estimated three men and one truck, $116/hr, 3 hr minimum.

Does that sound reasonable? Can they actually get an apartment sized piano up a flight of stairs with three guys?

--buddy

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:35 am

Hi - I don't know anything about that particular moving company (I think they are a Wheaton agent), but I would say that they can move the piano with three guys as long as the guys know what they're doing. This is the best page on piano moving that I've ever seen - http://www.burrowsmoving.com/piano.html Click on the left panel to see an actual video clip of three guys moving a piano up a flight of stairs. Incidentally, I hope that somebody will use Burrows Moving in Chicago someday and report back to us because I think they sound like a really good company, although I understand that they are a bit pricey.

Return to “Open Community”