Opinions needed on these Chicago area agents please!!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
movingsoon!

Opinions needed on these Chicago area agents please!!

Postby movingsoon! » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:53 pm

Bekins Moving Co.
Agent:
BOYER ROSENE MVG & STGE
1121 N. ELLIS
BENSENVILLE , IL
----------------------
Global United Van Lines
Assigned Agent Hayes & Sons Mvg. & Stg., Inc.
---------------------------
Atlas Van Lines
Information on Agent Receiving Request
---------------------------
Name: Nelson Westerberg of Illinois, Inc. (1505)
Address: 1201 Arthur Ave.
City: Elk Grove Village
State: IL
ZIP: 60007

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane

Re: Opinions needed on these Chicago area agents please!!

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:15 am

Hi - could I ask how you happened to come up with these particular agents?

movingsoon!

Postby movingsoon! » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:51 am

I am interested in getting moving quotes and these are the agents that were assigned to me based on my location.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:54 am

Pardon me, but . . . assigned by whom? Did you go on the Internet and put your contact information into one of those moving sites like www.movingcoach.com? Just curious. (It's nothing to be ashamed of.)

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 am

yes, how else would i get this agent information? do you have any information Diane or not on these agents?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:36 am

There's no need to get snippy. A lot of times custoemrs getting quotes based on information inputted into a movign qutoe website will get slammed by scammers. There is one website that we've heard about that does deal only with majors, which appears to be what you have used.

I personally do not known much about these particluar movers. What you may try to do is ask around to some local real estate agents and see which companies their clients have used repeatedly.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:14 am

Guest,

I just want to reiterate what MusicMom has told you. More often than not, we get inquiries from people who have submitted their moving information on one of those moving sites that set you up with a scam mover. Diane was trying to help in determining if that was what you in fact had done. We always advise people NEVER to hire a mover off the internet and never to hire a mover that contacts you as a result of your posting your information on one of those moving websites. There may be a legitimate site, as MusicMom points out, but I'm not aware of one.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:23 am

Hi - MM and CA are correct. I didn't mean to be difficult but we've heard a lot about www.movingcoach.com recently and I just wondered whether they had reached you too. I am always interested to know which sites are active and which agents of major van lines are advertising on those sites. Do not go through a website like movingcoach.com to book your move but call the company directly.

Do not use Boyer-Rosene. I have heard of Nelson Westerberg (Atlas) and I know it's a big company but I don't know anything else about it. I'm not sure whether "Global United" is the same as United Van Lines but I sort of doubt it, so I would tend to avoid Hayes in favor of one of the two United agents that have good reviews here: Planes United and Armstrong United. Each has one fairly good review here where there were a few glitches but nothing very serious. Jackson Allied also has one fairly good review here.

You can see what has been said about these companies by using the Search button above and inputting the names as keywords. You can also call the Illinois Movers' Association to get their take on various companies, although they deal mainly with in-state moves. Hope this helps.

IMP

Postby IMP » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:31 am

Having previously (and not currently so there is no conflict of interest in my reply) worked in that market in this business - of those you mentioned, I would consider getting an in-home, written, not to exceed estimate from Nelson Westerberg - and then finding a couple of others as well.

Please steer clear of your first listed option, and I've not heard of the Global agent, so cannot make any comment on that one.

movingsoon!

Postby movingsoon! » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:30 am

Sorry I was snippy Diane. I didn't know about the other websites. The agents were from their website directly, Global, Bekins, United, etc. I am moving on the 15th, so I'll probably just stick with United Planes as I have received other quotes on the phone. Thanks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:38 am

Hi - it was a misunderstanding, that's all. You're probably OK with United Planes. Tell them you are going to post about your move on this board because one of the higher-ups there follows the board regularly.

soph981

Postby soph981 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:02 pm

I used Nelson Westerberg International on my move move from Hungary to Chicago and they were fine. A few drink glasses got broken in transit but that was it.

The Hungary part was dealt with by Move One http://www.moveone.info/ and they were great. They came out and did a survey, arrived on time on move day, the person over seeing everything was lovely. Have no complaints about them.

Now moving back to Hungary 6mths later but having problems getting a quote from Nelson Westerberg, have been waiting 4 days now and it's almost like they don't want my business. As I am in a rush I need to get a move on, they say that it's the Hungarian side (Move One) which is dragging it's feet, i don't know whether that's really the case though.

Don't know if this is helpful for you as you may have already decided on who to use.

henriB

Postby henriB » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:15 pm

I recently used Bekins Boyer-Rosene to move; and I haven't had an opportunity to submit my complaint against them yet. As a result of Bekins Boyer-Rosene showing up 12 hours late for my scheduled move, my landlord tried to fine me for each hour the move was delayed... As I have just finally resolved the issue with the landlord, I am preparing to take up the nightmare moving issue with Bekins Boyer-Rosene.

In short, Be WARNED, if your looking for a moving company...my Bekins Boyer-Rosene moving experience was a nightmare from start to finish. They did not come through on anything that they promised. NOT on time and NOT professional.

Use Bekind Boyer-Rosene only IF you want to be OVERCHARGED, have your BELONGINGS BROKEN AND MISSING, and have NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT WAIT till someone eventually shows up.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:21 pm

Henri, if you want to start a new thread on Boyer-Rosene and give all the details of your move, we may want to do an "ALERT - avoid" post on the company to warn others more forcefully.

Also, just a note that since I wrote the above about Planes United and Armstrong United having one good review each here, All Chicagoland United has received two good reviews, one as a booking agent and one as a hauling agent. "Fred0844" also says it's good.

Return to “Open Community”