Direct Move from DC area to Michigan

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
deliotb

Re: Direct Move from DC area to Michigan

Postby deliotb » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:21 am

Moyer and Son, which has good reviews for local moves and is licensed to carry interstate, will move us in a five-day period, with its own trucks. About 30% more than it would cost to have a 14 day window, and a lot more than using one of the non-full-service companies noted above, but my wife is expecting in September, and we need to make this as hassle-free as possible.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:45 am

deliotb2 wrote:Also says they are process agents for "EVILSIZOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES." What does that mean?

No, Evilsizor is the "blanket company" that provides process agents for Gulliver's. Tim Walker explained this in a prior post:
twalker wrote:. . . the name listed as the blanket company is simply the company providing a service to the moving company. A mover is required to have a process of service agent in every state that they do business in (I think we all knew that). The process of service agent is simply someone who is authorized to receive legal documents for that company. The blanket company is simply the company who is providing this service to the moving company but does not necessarily represent any other affiliation or relationship between the two entities. - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=440 (last page)

After he made that comment, I said that if I had the name Evilsizor and were trying to be trusted in the moving business, I would go to court and change it.

deliotb

Postby deliotb » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:22 pm

I posted in another thread about my experience with Moyer, I'm the one who gave them a "B."

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:33 pm

OK - so you posted this:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 1925#61925

I'll connect that with your original post in my Superlist. Thanks.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”