Moving from Wilmington, DE to Portland,OR

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
HectorofTroy

Moving from Wilmington, DE to Portland,OR

Postby HectorofTroy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:12 am

Hello to All

I thank Tim Walker for putting up this site...I heard about it from cnbc.com

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/consumeractionguide/P102542.asp

Anyway I am moving from or more precisely I have moved from Wilmington, DE to Portland, OR but my stuff has not. I have it in Storage. I have been working with Holman Moving Systems.

Holman Moving Systems
20 East Commons Blvd
New Castle, DE 19720
Toll Free: 800-527-6673

I would like to know if anybody has had in experience with this company. I
would also like to know what people's experience with Xonex is, if any. I am so far happy with them but you never know until you look under the bed or in the closets.

Thank you

Mr. H.

Diane

Re: Moving from Wilmington, DE to Portland,OR

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:20 am

Hi - frankly, I had never heard of Xonex before but just now I looked at www.xonex.com, which seems to be an offshoot of Holman Moving Systems. I guess it seems like a bit of a gimmick to me, with its insistence that Holman is Woman-Owned, etc., but Holman itself is a highly reputable old-line company with branches in several locations. We have no reviews.

HectorofTroy

Postby HectorofTroy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:27 am

I am not looking for a recommendation on a moving company. I have heard that and I have had a terrible time finding a moving company in the Wilmington, DE area. It is a deadzone for moving companies. Is there a list somewhere for companies/agents.

The BBB has no compliants listed for Xonex in the past 3 years. They also operate under the name Atlantic Moving Systems.

Thanks

Mr. H.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:45 am

Just so you know, Atlantic Moving Systems is not the same one as the company currently being updated in the Report a Scam forum.

firewalker

Postby firewalker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:12 am

Hector,

Try looking in Dover for a moving co. The airforce base draws a lot of moving business. I got very decent ESTIMATE service (I haven't decided on who will move me, yet,) from Berry Van Lines in Dover, and I think there are others there as well.
Cecile
"Moving is like whacking your head against a stone wall-- it feels so good when you stop."

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:59 am

I worked for Holman/Xonex at their Hackensack, NJ and Orlando, FL location (when it was open)..

They are a good orginization and were one of the founding agents of United Van Lines back in the 40's.

They are a self haul company and do like to self haul all of their own orders.

Holman, btw is the fathers last name, its now run by their duahgter kathy holman. Xonex, is, or at least used to be the relocaiton side of the bussiness which dables in home buyouts, mortgages, things like that.

Good company..

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:38 am

Thanks for the testimonial, Jay. I'm especially glad to have confirmation that they self-haul most of their loads. Do you have any feeling about how they compare to Wade Odell Wade, quality-wise? For some reason, more consumers come here talking about WOW than about Holman.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:01 pm

hmmm...probably because holman just about turns down every cod move out there because they are a national account company..

im pretty sure, or at least thats what i was aware of, that they only did local cod stuff and stuff they knew they could cover.

Jay

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:07 pm

OK, that explains why customers have been coming on here saying that Holman is booked and can't give them an estimate. I prefer to direct people toward smaller companies that are more oriented toward COD shipments if possible. Dahill is kind of an exception because it's large and does a lot of commercial work but still has performed well on COD moves for people posting here.

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:24 pm

i too would rather direct them to people that can help...but the topic starter wanted to know how holman is...as far as them actualy being able to do ther move...im not 100%

good copmany non the less

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:41 pm

Hey Everybody,

I really appreciate the inputs. I am glad here there is a good solid warm fuzzy about this company. Some this I knew but wanted to gather other people's inputs. You can never be very sure about movers.

Again I am really and truly am grateful for this site and all the help and input.

One additional request. Where is the link for HR-1070? Is some sort of online petition for this?

Thank You

Mr. H.

HectorofTroy

Postby HectorofTroy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:44 pm

Opps I forgot to login

Anonymous wrote:Hey Everybody,

I really appreciate the inputs. I am glad here there is a good solid warm fuzzy about this company. Some this I knew but wanted to gather other people's inputs. You can never be very sure about movers.

Again I am really and truly am grateful for this site and all the help and input.

One additional request. Where is the link for HR-1070? Is some sort of online petition for this?

Thank You

Mr. H.

Return to “Open Community”