Has anyone used these Companies in NM or CO?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
neil

Has anyone used these Companies in NM or CO?

Postby neil » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:11 pm

Hello,

I have very few choices and here they are:

Tri-City Transfer & Storage, Inc. (Mayflower Transit Agent/NM)

Durango Transfer Moving and Storage (Atlas Vanlines Agent/CO)

That's it for now...any comments?

Thanks

firewalker

Re: Has anyone used these Companies in NM or CO?

Postby firewalker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Neil--

I don't know where in NM you are, but the destination agent listed on one of the quotes for my MD to NM move is "Allstar Moving & Storage" in Albuquerque. I'm assuming they're a Bekins affiliate as the MD company issuing the quote is a Bekins agent, and pretty high-end. IOW, they appear to be trustworthy but expensive. Whether this applies to their destination agent or not, is an open question, but I'd take a chance that a company careful about their service and reputation wouldn't affiliate with an out-and-out known scammer.
Cecile
"Moving is like whacking your head against a stone wall-- it feels so good when you stop."

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:44 pm

Thanks.

I am in Farmington, NM (way up in the NW corner of the state just under Durango, CO) and I saw the same company name you mentioned in the local CO phone book so I wonder if they are related? I appreciate the info and wish you luck. Do you need any info on NM?

THX,
Neil

firewalker

Postby firewalker » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:08 pm

I don't know if they are related. You can probably get the license number by calling the Albuquerque office (505-888-1007) and run it on the SAFER and BBB websites to check it out.

Thanks for the offer of NM insider info. I may take you up on it if questions arise once we've zeroed in a little further. We'll be heading out to Santa Fe in a couple of weeks to finalize an offer on a new house (hopefully,) and if there is a better place to get chile than El Farolito, please let me know!

Is Farmington near Chama or west of there?
Cecile
"Moving is like whacking your head against a stone wall-- it feels so good when you stop."

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:36 am

Did you find this one also

Basin Moving Storage CO Inc
501 Illinois Ave
Farmington, NM 87401
505-325-1909

I do not know them myself just found the Yellow page ad saying they used to be an Allied Agent.

You should run their MC # to verify their license is in order.

Good luck

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:49 am

You can try the Mayflower agent in Cortez

HARP MOVING & STORAGE
127 N. MARKET STREET
CORTEZ, CO 81321
Phone: (970) 565-7500
Fax: (970) 565-7504
harpmoving@frontier.net

Just thought it might help

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:56 am

Last one

North American Vanlines has local offices located in Durango. Services include residential and commercial shipping from local to international destinations.
Contact Address: 1212 Highway 3, Durango CO 81301
Phone: (970) 247-9555

Maybe this others will give you more options for finding a mover to handle your shipment.

firewalker

Postby firewalker » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:41 am

Er...

You might want to check out some of the current threads on this board about North American before y'all give them a call.
Cecile

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 pm

Thanks for the info.

The Basin Moving Co. does not go beyond so many miles, so no NYC.
There is a Mayflower Agent here in town, but I am not famiiar with the overall comany other than what I looked up as per. the famous article w/ the smiley face. The Atlas agent in nearby Durango is a bit more expensi ve, but I have yet to see if they are worth the xtra $$.

In Santa Fe, you have to go to Tia Sophias for Sunday Brunch (or anytime really) They have great authentic regional food. Chama is way east of Farmington past Dulce (Jicarilla Apache Res).

I am sure I will find some one to move this junk...and I have two cars going to OHIo as well :(

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:41 pm

Both Tri-City and Durango Transfer have been part of the landscape for a long time. At one time the same family - the Christensons - owned and operated both. Very honest, very sincere.

Harp is a small "one horse" agent. Most of his capacity is dedicated to Mayflower's long haul fleet.

It would be cheaper to move your two vehicles using a third party car carrier. Depending on the size of your home and the type of vehicles, they may not fit into the interior of even a 53' trailer.

Unfortunatley, not too many car carriers service northwestern New Mexico on a regular basis. You might want to consider driving them down to Albuqueque to a carrier's terminal. Otherwise Dependable Auto Shippers will arrange to transport them but it won't be cheap.

Good Luck!

neil

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:58 pm

Thanks for the insight on the local movers. This board really does have info on every mover out there...wow. I appreciate the site very much. I found my paperwork on the movers that brought me out here via the Govt. Greabel van lines so I called them for another estimate and they are a possible out of Albuquerque, but I still need to search them on this site. Atlas out of Durango is coiming this week with an estimate and Mayflower as well so I think I am going to make it... :D
thanks again everyone
\N

Return to “Open Community”