Movers in Northern Virgina/DC area

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jmagrin

Movers in Northern Virgina/DC area

Postby jmagrin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi,

I am considering using Early Bird Movers for my local move coming up soon. I was wondering if any of you have had prior experience with them. I was referred to them by Bennetts Moving Company in Alexandria (I was referred to Bennetts by a friend). So I assume that they are an upstanding company but I would like to get some real world feedback.

Thanks in advance.

jmagrin

Re: Movers in Northern Virgina/DC area

Postby jmagrin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:22 pm

Just to update...Early Bird is in Waldorf, MD

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:15 pm

They have no license. Even if you are moving locally, MD requires ALL movers to have an interstate license through the FMCSA. Are you moving locally?

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:11 pm

never heard of them...just wanted to say I recently had a very positive move with Beltway movers. They have several offices around the DC area.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 am

For local moves, I would suggest, in addition to Beltway, JK Moving, Thomas AAA (now known as JK Moving of Maryland), and Town & Country. All have had good reviews here.

jmagrin

Postby jmagrin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:06 pm

Thanks for your replies. I was skeptical because it looks like there website hasn't been updated in over 2 years. In addition when I called them I got some guy on his cell phone. So I think I will stay away from them. Also, searching on the internet does not turn up too much about them and I haven't found anyone who has heard of them much less moved with them. Thanks again.

MusicMom....yes it is a local move from Arlington to Aldie (Chantilly area).

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:12 pm

I love Aldie! I went to school in Winchester, so I drove through there numerous times on Rt 50. Driving past that smoky BBQ place always made me hungry!

Check out those names I gave. Also, any agent for a major van line can do local moves under their own name and license.

Return to “Open Community”