Experiences with Ann Arbor, MI area movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Witkacy

Experiences with Ann Arbor, MI area movers

Postby Witkacy » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:56 pm

We will be moving from Ann Arbor, MI to Lawrence, KS and I'd like to hear if anyone has had a good experience with any companies in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. We're getting in-home estimates next week from Midwest Moving and Storage (Bekins agent) and from a place called White Star moving. I'm also trying to arrange in-home estimates from Morse Moving and Storage in Ann Arbor (Allied agent) and Corrigan Moving Systems (United agent). Any comments on these or other companies would be appreciated.

MusicMom

Re: Experiences with Ann Arbor, MI area movers

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:04 pm

Is White Star related to any van line, like the others?

The only two to avoid are Modern Moving in Farmington and Union Moving (a broker) in Detroit.

When I shopped around to leave A2 in 2002, we were going to hire the Stevens agent, but ended up with a UHaul.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:10 am

Formerly an independant, White Star (Sterling Heights) is a newer Mayflower agent who has been fairly successful in the large van line environment.

Stevens has been servicing the AA market for more than twenty years with locations in Waterford, MI and Toledo, OH. Both have very good quality scores. Of all the potential choices listed, they have the largest hauling fleet.

Witkacy

Postby Witkacy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We've decided to go with Corrigan (United) based on their competitive not-to-exceed quote, the good reputation they seem to have (esp on this site), and our good impression with them so far. Move is scheduled for mid-September and we'll post back how it goes.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:07 pm

Mid September? Are you anywhere near the stadium? Just wondering if you're thinking of moving out on a Saturday.

Witkacy

Postby Witkacy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:21 pm

Good point! Didn't even think of it. In fact we are near the stadium but luckily we won't be moving on a Saturday.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 pm

I had taken an apartment not far from the stadium. Didn't go out much on Saturdays in the fall. :wink:

Return to “Open Community”