Pacific Storage Co./Bekins Van Lines Sacramento

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: Pacific Storage Co./Bekins Van Lines Sacramento

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:17 pm

Nancy is right, and the CMSA should be able to give you the name of a good Atlas agent in Sacramento to get a quote from.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:20 pm

I think MotherLode and California Moving Systems both represent Atlas.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:34 pm

California Moving Systems won an Atlas Quality Award in 2004 (like University Van Lines), but it's also blacklisted on www.movingadvocateteam.com. What's a body to do . . . ?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:36 pm

Diane, That is a fairly generic name. I HIGHLY doubt they are on a blacklist. Is there any way to contact that other site to see why?? I know I'm not welcome over there, maybe you can check?

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:54 pm

I haven't had much luck getting a response from over there either. I think I would tend to go with the Quality Award. The company has been in business for a long, long time.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:55 pm

Yep, I would too. I really think the listing on that other site could be a play on the name. This is company has a solid reputation. I'm not saying there could have been a misunderstanding with some customer that landed them on that list, but overall, they are a worthwhile company to get an estimate from.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:02 pm

I agree, if Cyrus wants another estimate. BTW Atlantic Relocation Systems in Anaheim also got an Atlas Quality Award last year--not relevant for Cyrus but interesting.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:09 pm

Yep, Atlantic is a good company. They used to be part of NAVL, but are more focused on office moving. where do you find this list? Now I'm curious.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:12 pm

Here - http://www.atlasworldgroup.com/news/rel ... =2004-0025. I noticed that several branches of Ace Relocation were also given awards, and in 2003 several other branches of Ace, including the one in San Diego. It seems as if they sort of pass the award around, or maybe that's too cynical. :wink:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:17 pm

You're right, that is one way to look at it. but you could also consider that these are excellent, consistent companies that maintain quality over the years. In our system, there is some changeover with smaller agent awards. But the big guys are the same every year.

rcrafts

Postby rcrafts » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:51 am

in the Bekins system, any shipment moving over 600 miles is handled by the central dispatch of Bekins Van Lines. They use both agent (dedicated) and direct lease owner operators. I doubt they are of any lesser quality than any other van lines.... What counts is your driver, and most have been with more than one van line during their tenure. I have friends who drive for many van lines, one is no beter than the other (van lines that is)... Good luck on your choice whatever it may be.

Steve

Postby Steve » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:38 am

I recently used them for a move from California to Florida. They underestimated the volume of my possessions and another 1/3 of a 54 foot trailer was required. This second trailer was loaded the next day and arrived at my house in Florida 8 days after the first trailer arrived. As luck would have it, our clothing and beds were on this second trailer. I filed a claim for late delivery but they only paid me 1/3 of my claim.

The second trailer had holes in its roof and a number of my items arrived wet and were damaged. I had other damage and filed a claim. Bekins allowed $468.55 in damages but then applied my $500.00 deductible against this claim. So .. for Bekins' negligence they paid me nothing.

Return to “Open Community”