Any info on Isaacs Relocation Services from SF

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Abfabjilly

Any info on Isaacs Relocation Services from SF

Postby Abfabjilly » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:13 pm

Looking for good or bad information on Isaacs Relocation Services.

Diane

Re: Any info on Isaacs Relocation Services from SF

Postby Diane » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:31 pm

Do a search on "Isaac's" on this website to see comments (none good) about the various companies with that name. You can't be sure that the one you're asking about is actually from San Francisco, because these companies use call forwarding and mail drops to make people think that they're in various locations where they aren't. Here is one of my posts about the Isaac's supposedly in South San Francisco from November 2, 2003 on this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0

The BBB also lists an Isaac's Relocation Service at 212 Shaw Road #3, South San Francisco, CA 94080 (no phone number given), with the owner-partners named as Jack Mochel and Shay Brosh. [FBI statistics show that most scam moving companies indicted in the U.S. are operated by citizens of Israel.] The website of that company is www.isaacsrelocation.com with an 800 number listed. The registrant is listed as Tucows, Inc., which hides the name of the owner. This company has quite a few complaints listed on the BBB website, and according to the BBB it is also doing business as Super Movers. It may be the same as Isaac’s Relocation Service located in Newton, MA (MC #272369), which is unlicensed and whose legal name is Safe Movers, Inc.

My advice:- AVOID all companies with "Isaac's" in their name. There are too many red flags.

Please read the article "How to Find a Reputable Mover" on this website and come back to us with the names of companies you are considering so we can help you further.

I have been following posts on this board for almost a year. I have yet to see one case in which a company (other than major van lines or U-Pack type movers) that responded to contact information that a person inputted on the Internet turned out to be reputable.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:46 pm

AVOID all companies with "Isaac's" in their name.

You know I often agree with you, Diane, but this might be a little TOO general. I bet somewhere there's a Good Ol' Mom & Pop Isaac that might suffer. But definitly avoid THESE Isaac's!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:01 pm

MusicMom is right. I should have worded my comment as follows: AVOID all companies with "Isaac's" in their name that are mentioned in the above-referenced thread dating from November 2003.

stanislas

Postby stanislas » Wed May 18, 2005 3:29 pm

I moved with isaacs from boston, ma to France last year and had no problems, although there was a delay for our things to arrive, but that is normal in an internationnal move. Also i think your "isaac" rule is racist.

Stanislas

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed May 18, 2005 6:42 pm

Since when is "Isaac" a race?

suede68

Postby suede68 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:19 am

We used Isaac's relocation company in December of 2001 to move from Philadelphia to Arizona & it was a nightmare. I had a guaranteed price that I signed for the move. The movers were supposed to show up at 7:30am so I made sure that I was there at 7:30am but the movers didn't show up till 1:30pm. The movers had an attitude & started telling me we have more then our quote, I told him that I actucally had less since I gave away a few couches, t.v & other furniture. They contined to move slow & take cigarette breaks every 10 minutes. They did not throw down drop clothes & everytime they went out & came back in they were dragging mud on the feet onto the carpets. I told them that it has to stop because I am flying out in the morning & that I can't have muddy carpets for the new owners. They finally threw drop clothes down. My husband had flown in that morning to help with the move (which he also physically helped) & stayed there the whole time. We bought them pizza & drinks. They were there till late since they started late (& took lots of breaks.) When they finished packing the van they told my husband that in order to receive our stuff that we would have to pay $4000 more. They also came a 2 days later then what we were promised & they wouldn't give us our stuff until we paid them $4000 more. They also stole a large box of collector superhero magazines that were my sons. They made a stressful time worse, they took advantage of us. By the way they were from Isreal. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!

Righter of wrongs

Postby Righter of wrongs » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:07 am

Isaac's SF is not affiliated with any other Isaac's Relocation Service. Their website is www.isaacssf.com. The "real" Isaac's Relocation Service ( www.isaacsrelocationservice.com ) is based in Brighton, MA and is licensed, bonded and insured. In business since 1988, they are one of the most recommended and respected movers in the areas they service and provide references with every in-home estimate. They are members in good standing of the BBB, AMSA, Mass Movers Association, and are RIM certified for international moves.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:51 am

Odd, because there is no website www.isaacsrelocationservice.com

You should know that, Aaron Robilotto, since you are posting from the IP address of www.isaacsrelocation.com

There is a www.isaacsrelocation.com which is for the Philadelphia Isaac's Relocation. Owned by Issac Edry, at P.O. Box 6092 Philadelphia, PA 19114. Coincidentally, the same website is listed for the MA Isaac's.

I wonder if the AMSA had found out they operated for 5 months without a license.

Righter of Wrongs

Postby Righter of Wrongs » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:31 pm

I am not Aaron Robilotto. I am, however, with Isaac's Relocation Service. I apologize for the error in the URL. It should be www.isaacsrelocation.com.

The company is based in Boston with an operation and 2 outside salespeople in Philadelphia. We've been in business continuously since 1988 and have an excellent reputation. We did a major overhaul in Philadelphia early this year and have gotten many calls and letters of praise for the outstanding service we've been providing in the last several months. We are very QoS oriented and try to resolve any customer dissatisfaction. It's not always possible, but we still try. I hope that, unlike movingadvocates.com who just blacklist any company that has a complaint registered against it, that responses to complaints here are considered and not just trashed. I would be happy to discuss specific situations with anybody interested, or direct them to factual information and statistics. I can be reached at info@isaacsrelocation.com

fluoresce

Postby fluoresce » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 am

Thanks for all the info on the East-West Coast moves. I've found them very helpful.

Unfortunately some places suggested on this site have a 4000 lb minimum and, before I got my estimates, I thought I was around 2500 lbs.

I just had an Isaac's Relocation Agent come by. His estimate (3744 lbs.) was very close to the North American Van Lines/Ayer Moving and Storage reps. estimate (3900 lbs.). So, not much different there.

Ayer's says I pay at delivery/destination. That's attractive. Cost is $4558 non-binding estimate. Packing is $1005 of the price. Steve G, the agent, was very nice, spent a unrushed amount of time looking through drawers/cabinets and writing out number of boxes.

Isaac's wants 10% deposit, 40% on pick-up and 50% on delivery. Is this normal? Cost $4910 binding estimate. Transportation is $3455 of cost while full pack (not including unpack) is $1455. Floor 90% of this, ceiling 25% of estimated weight. With loading date of 09/06/2005 they estimate 9/10 to 9/20 delivery. Matt L, the agent was OK. He was nice but I had to encourage him to open the cabinets and drawers.

Wakefield-Allied does not service Franklin, MA.

NAVL/Allen and Coles agent, Roger, was late for his 8 am appointment with me. So I don't have an estimate from him yet.

I got phone quotations from Nationwide movers and auto transporters before finding this site. They were great to talk to on the phone, mentioned BBB to look them up, prices were great (based on my underestimated 2500 lbs.), but I won't touch them.

Have used DAS in the past. They took 10 days on a CA to NC move back in 2000 over New Year's. So no complaints there. Was trying to look into alternatives, but will go with the safe thing. Have booked with them again but this time am trying door-to-door.

I'll post more later.

fluoresce

Postby fluoresce » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Continuing on my last post, I asked my Isaac's agent from today if there were any other offices and he said Philly and CA, so they are all related, according to him. This relationship has been the topic of discussion on this board previously. Isaac's Relocation Service of CA is blacklisted at http://www.movingadvocateteam.com/ too.

Finally, it wasn't overt, but there was slight pressure to sign on the dotted line right after the estimate.

I don't think I would have noticed anything wrong about him if it hadn't been for this site. Thanks for the help! I'll probably book with another moving company.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:11 pm

Thanks so much for confirming the association among all of the various Isaac's. Bingo! I wouldn't use them if I were you. I gather that you're moving from MA to CA (?). There are a lot of good full-service movers in MA.

I don't know anything about Ayers, but I don't see why you should have to accept a Nonbinding estimate. Try to get a Binding or Binding Not to Exceed one. You could also use a U-Pack We-Drive type company and save about 40% off the cost of a full-service mover if you were inclined to go that route, but if you need packing you'll want full service.

Most of the major van lines charge people's credit cards in advance of the move, but I guess if you're paying by cashier's check maybe some accept it on delivery day, as Ayers apparently does.

Reviews of DAS haven't been so great lately. Maybe you would want to get a quote from Tn'T to get a sense of how professional they seem, comparatively speaking. If you haven't already looked at our Auto Transporters thread on the sticky at the top of the message board, you might want to do that. Very recently, someone posted a positive review of Coast to Coast at www.coasttocoastauto.com, a company that apparently has its own trucks (desirable) and is not just a broker. See this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5193 (end)

Moving from SF

Postby Moving from SF » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:29 am

I am still confused. We are moving and we are planning to use the "isaacssf.com" Isaac's... Are they okay?

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:01 pm

I personally wouldn't use them, at least for an interstate move. When you have so many other companies to choose from, I wouldn't go with a questionable company.

Return to “Open Community”