Seattle to NYC - Moving Help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
katieg

Seattle to NYC - Moving Help

Postby katieg » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:47 pm

Hi all,

I am moving from Seattle to NYC this November and am looking for recommendations on companies. I am only moving a few items plus boxes, however I am looking for a full service mover as my place is in Manhattan and weather will be difficult for a cross country move on my own.

Has anyone ever heard of Ace Relocation - the agent for Atlas World Group? I have them coming to give me an estimate.

Because I am only planning to move an entertainment center, TV, queen size bed - no frame, art and boxes of clothes, kitchen items, etc. I am trying to determine if it is worth it given the high cost and the extra fees for shuttling into Manhattan.

I have submitted a number of inquiries using irelocation.com and received other bids from 1st Choice Moving, Progressive, Northstar and Pacific.

Any advice you can offer would be helpful. Thanks!

Diane

Re: Seattle to NYC - Moving Help

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:56 pm

Hi - if Ace Relocation is the agent in Kent, it won an Atlas Quality Award in 2004, a very good sign. There are other companies that have been successfully used by people in and near Seattle, including Star Moving Systems (United) and Boush, another Atlas agent in Puyallup. You can do a search using the Search button above to see reviews.

The van lines have lower weight minimums in the slow season so you might find that it wouldn't be too costly for you to move your furniture. It's certainly worth getting some quotes.

Throw out all the companies that contacted you via irelocation.com. They are all dubious or outright scammers.

Ruges

Postby Ruges » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:19 pm

I have had good exsperiences with Ace Relocation in Kent for the half dozen times I have deliviered to thier warehouse. I have a local crew in the area that I have help me load and unload. But when they are buisy on other jobs I have to use the company help. Ace Relocation's helpers where ok, But I usualy get better help from Lile in Kent. So it would be a tuff call between the two. Which ever salesman seems nicier. But if you have to have storage. Do it at orgin and use Lile. they have a very nice storage facility that is very clean. The warehousman is very anel about doing a good job.
Ruges

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 pm

Thanks, Ruges. So Lile (North American) in Kent would be another good company to get a quote from. I'm not sure but I think that Ace Relocation used to be a North American agent before changing to Atlas (?).

Return to “Open Community”