**Moving from U.S. to U.K.

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
atttator

**Moving from U.S. to U.K.

Postby atttator » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:11 am

Hi

I'm currently considering using "Delahaye Blue Ribbon, Inc" to do my move, has anyone used their services before?

Thanks

Diane

Re: Moving from U.S. to U.K.

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:25 am

Hi - there is one thread here that mentions the company (he spelled it wrong), but with no conclusions reached - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1873

Since we aren't experts on international moves, I suggest that you use one of the four proven-to-be-reputable companies listed on the International Moves sticky at the top of this forum. If you want to go beyond that, sign up for membership here and send a Private Message to "hardatwork" to ask his opinion of Delahaye. He has years of experience in international moves.

london

Postby london » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:38 am

I have used them and will never work with them again. It was the worse experience of my life.
We have worked with Mark Spitzer who seem at first very competent. When we arrive in the UK, the company they work with here only unloaded our stuff and did not even unpacked them. We were left with all our furnitures to put back together and all the stuff to unpack. They wanted to charge us extra money to unpack the stuff which was not in the contract we had signed in the US. They also lost a couple of boxes and part of our desk that we are not able to put together. When we complained to Mark Spitzer and always said that he will do his best and will get back to us bet never did. He was an incompetent.
I will not recommend using this company.

MarkReloIntl

Postby MarkReloIntl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:32 pm

I think this website is a good source of information to the consumer and I often suggest to potential customers to check here for helpful information. I take my job and business very seriously and am always working in the best interest of the customer.

As I am the person this customer is referring to, I feel inclined to post a reply to this customer’s unsatisfactory report. The customer is Josiane [last name removed]. We did relocate her and her husband from Silver Spring, MD to London, UK earlier this year. As she explains she is very unhappy with her move, however she does not explain all the events that took place.

Regarding the unpacking services she is unhappy about. When our agent arrived at her home for delivery, there was a wall the items had to be carried over, a long alley and an elevator that the items had to be carried up. These items were not known at the time she moved out of the US as she had not found a residence in the UK, at that time. These items clearly listed as potential additional charges. Our agent did ask her about the access prior to the delivery to properly plan the crew. They were told by here that there were no problems and access would be fine. Neither my company nor our agent in the UK were going to charge her for this extra labor that was not known until delivery.This clearly states we could. However, with this large amount of extra work that day we were not able to unpack all of here items. We did however put here bed together and unpack fragile items. I did speak to her the day of delivery and her first words to me were” I am going to sue you and your UK agent”. As I explained to her at that time, you have to allow me to work resolve this issue. After speaking to my agent and her, we all agreed we would come back the next day, Saturday morning and unpack the rest of her items. However, our agent in the UK was inclined to charge her for the difficult access that should have been charged for as we now had to return a second day. Here shipment was only 4000 lbs and this should not be an all day event. All was agreed to and set up.

One hour later she called me and told me not to have the agent come back and not to worry about the remaining unpacking. So I cancelled this service and thought all was OK. At that point there was not much else I could do as she did not want the crew to come back.

Regarding the missing items. It is true, there were some items that were missing from her shipment. Obviously this was not our intentions and we searched both in the US and in the UK for her items without success. I informed her that she could file a claim with the insurance company although her shipment was only partially insured. Also, during the day of the move when she submitted the insurance forms to me I clearly explained to her that the amount of insurance was well below the actual value of her goods based on the size of her shipment.

During the claim process I did communicate with her several times that that we had not found the items and if I did I would let her know.

Her claim to the insurance company for missing items was for $1200.00. As I thought and told her on the day of the move the insurance paid out a partial amount of $312.00 as she underinsured her items. Additionally the items she was missing were not even listed as required by the insurance company. This settlement was sent out to her on October 24th 2005.

In short I came the following conclusions:

1. She chose not to have all the items unpacked.
2. She did not properly insure her shipment after being told to.

On November 30th , the day after she made her post to this site, she sent me an email that threatens to file a complaint and sue me if I did not pay her $2000.00 immediately. I first noticed that she was claiming an additional $800.00 more then originally submitted to the insurance company for other missing items. I explained to her that normally I am very open to working with customers outside the agreement in effort to make things correct if there were problems, however I was reluctant with her as she was trying to extort money from my company. Honestly, I would have sent her a check for the full amount of her original claim less what the insurance paid her, but in her effort to extort money from me I was reluctant do so. I explained this to her and ask her for a suggestions.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached diredt at 301-570-3306 if you could like to reach this customer, she can be contacted at the following:
Josiane [last name, phone number, and email removed]

Again, I know there are always two sides to every story and this is my side. I will continue to refer customers to this website and feel it is one of various places to research prospective movers and a good tool for the consumer.

Sincerely,

Mark Spitzer
President
Delahaye Blue Ribbon Relocation, Inc.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:40 am

I have just completed my move with Mark Spitzer, from BlueMove. Everything went great. Mr. Spitzer was extremely nice, accomodating, patient, and competent. This was not my first international move and it was by far the smoothest.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:43 pm

I am astonished this company has published the customers contact details. If that is not a breach of trust I do not know what is!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:01 pm

I completely agree. I removed it, and apologize to the customer for not doing so when it happened.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 19, 2007 8:48 am

FYI-

This company is now going by BLUEmove in Jessup, MD. I talked with someone who got a quote from them, and did more checking. That person said they used to be Delahaye Blue Ribbon.

The current information is (for updating the Superlist)

BLUEmove
10305 Guilford Road, Jessup, MD 20794
Telephone: 301-570-3468
FAX: 301-576-5308
www.blue-move.com
FMC license number 020452-F

Incorporated 12/05 in MD.

Website registered to Mark Spitzer (see above) at a PO Box in MD. No BBB report as of yet.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat May 19, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks, MM - I added it to the "Maryland" listings but kept the original listing under "New York City (Queens)." Both listings have a :alert: symbol in front of their names and are cross-referenced.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 19, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks.

TammySpoerri

Postby TammySpoerri » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:39 am

We used Bluemove International Relocation, located in the Washington DC area for our move to Switzerland. I did extensive research ahead of time to find the right company, including following advice from this website, www.fmc.gov. I received 4 bids from companies, and decided to go with Bluemove, based upon the following: 1. the president of the company was the one I received the quote from. He was extremely knowledgeable, responding to all my phone and email questions in a timely manner. He was easy to talk to and not your "typical salesman" 2. their quote was based upon volume and not weight (most companies I found, base your move on the weight of your shipment, so when they give you a quote, they are guessing what everything will weigh. When your goods are then loaded into the container, the container is weighed and you possibly owe more money if their quote is under the actual weight. In my research of moving companies, I found that companies often give you a low quote to get your business, and then you owe much more on moving day. Bluemove was based upon volume, so as long as my possessions fit into the 20 cubic container, I was fine. 3. price (the price range of my quotes were $8,200-$13,500). Bluemove was not the lowest, but they were closer to $8,200, and since based on volume, I knew this would be the bottom figure.

I would highly recommend Bluemove. We had no problems with anything on either end. No damage, no delay, no surprises.

Return to “International Moves”