AVOID BENNY'S MOVING (= Globe Van Lines)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MusicMom

Re: AVOID BENNY'S MOVING (= Globe Van Lines)

Postby MusicMom » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:13 pm

And we will happily identify you each time you post as a guest. You took the time to register for membership here in order to defend your company, but when you post your BS and insults, you don't even have the guts to say it's you.

dabotbool

Postby dabotbool » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:30 pm

Dear MusicMom

Your IQ is to low that i will not respond to you any more, no matter what i will say it make no different i think you have nothing better to do with your life, making lies about West Coast Movers and Bennys unfortunately we rented a warehouse that located at the same address but i am tired from people like you that have nothing to do in life, in regard to PUC Bennys moving and storage have ICCMC 281317 and licensed to moves from CA to any State in USA, and regarding local we are filing for PUC.
Just to let you know by writing here about Bennys moving that we are West Coast Movers i am contacting my attorney tomorrow and considering a low suite against you and Tim Walker, i will aprove that we are and westcost movers and Globe vanlines of your list has nothing to do with Bennys Moving.

Thank you
David

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:19 pm

david,

I could care less about your threats of a law suit. You're going to have to work on that first amendment thing before you have much success there. Have I reminded you laltely that you agreed to the Terms of Service on 6/10/2004 at 21:42:26?

This is the second time that you have attacked a volunteer here. I have allowed you to continue to utilize the message boards only because you still have consumers that you still need to attend to here. This is your last chance to act like a professional business person and take care of these outstanding issues. I have completely run out of patience with you and you will be banned from this web site if you continue to behave in this way.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

dabotbool

Postby dabotbool » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:46 pm

Dear Tim:

OK, from now on I will handle every respond in professional way.

Thank you

David

Soon2move

Postby Soon2move » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:13 am

As someone who is planning a long-distance move soon, I can only say "Thank God!" that this forum exists. Even though I tried applying all sorts of learnings from this website in my recent search for a mover, I was actually excited in thinking I found a good lead... until I came upon this thread.

Whereas I empathize with those who might try and defend moving companies, I believe I am not alone in that, as a self-protective customer, it only takes ONE thought of fraud to convince me to run far away from such a company. Regardless of how many times, and online testimonies, they might post having satisfied customers. If this company had the nerve to acquire "other failed business" and not realize they are marring their reputation, then I would rather not test their honor and risk my personal belongings.

I hope all moving companies would wake up and realize that websites like this are a powerful way to divulge any possible risks to the consumers. If you do not want to be slammed, then be 100.0% protective of doing business in a honest way. Think about what being customer-focused means. Anything else is just the Nth excuse we do not want to hear.

Calobaby

Postby Calobaby » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 pm

I wish I could've seen this post before I decided to hire Benny's Moving. I think the moving industry in general has lots of scammers and Benny's is cleary one of them. I was charged a decent amount and a promise for no additional charges but they were late in making the delivery and I received the worst customer service from them. Thank you very much Tim for setting up this website and letting everyone know how horrible this company is.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:00 am

People wake up! :shock: this company is a dba of the king scammer himself eli sharvit---west coast movers. benny's took over the same outfit/same sales personell "may, galia ..now they took over globe which filed bankruptcy on november 2005. this is all business as usual. ISRAELI owned, operated and still scamming! at its finest..please do not move at all your health, possesions, are at risk.. AND YES MAY/GALIA ARE the smooth talking warm, luring salespeople. consider this a inhouse SOURCE! :wink:

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:32 pm

BENNYS/WESTCOASTMOVERS/GLOBEVANLINES ALL THE SAME OUTFIT :wink:

go4dau

Postby go4dau » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:15 am

I wish I would have come into this website when I was looking for a mover from California to Houston. I was told by the nice salesperson "Sam" that they would keep my things in storage in California until my home in Houston was ready. They picked up my merchandise on Sept. 23 before they filed bankruptcy at the Bankruptcy Courts of Oakland California in October. On their original Contract to me they used a Chatsworth, CA address, however the BBB informed me they were out of Hayward, CA and gave me a new address. I contacted the Hayward Police Department to go by the address...and of course nothing was there. Their website (www.globevan.com) was updated on December 3rd which is the date that I found out all their 8 numbers I had had been disconnected. Now I am seeing an update to their website in Encino, CA...if someone has a number to get a hold of these people please let me know. I can't get a hold of them and they have EVERYTHING that I had ever owned. I appreciate any response.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:32 am

Try both the California Attorney General, and the California Public Utilities Commission.

anon

Postby anon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Whew! Thank goodness I came across this page. We just cancelled with Benny's -- if the owner has that amount of immaturity, I fear for our belongings. We will go with one of the movers with a better reputation that gave us an estimate twice as large instead.

Thanks!!!!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:02 pm

We will go with one of the movers with a better reputation that gave us an estimate twice as large instead.

And twice as realistic.

Sallymove

Postby Sallymove » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Thank goodness that you cancelled; however, we didn't and we are still waiting for our furniture from Benny's moving and storage. They charged us almost 3,000 more than the initial quote and didn't tell us until they had all items on the truck and were ready to leave. The new owners were their to pick up the keys and we had to be in TN. BAD COMPANY!!! SCAM.. Now we just found out today that it has been contracted out to E-Z moves and they should be here Saturday or Sunday, but its depending on if they can find local movers in the area. Also, they go on cubic feet, which is illegal to do for interstate moves (which I found out from this wonderful website and all the great links). We will fight them because I don't want other consumers to go through what we did. You call them and the person you need to talk to isn't there or is out for the day.

Thanks again Tim for starting this website to let consumers know about these scam movers.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:41 pm

Sally-

Here's a list of places to complain about your bad move:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

Richard S.

Postby Richard S. » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:01 pm

This company is crooked. Stay away from them. The workers are a bunch of goons. They showed up late and milked the clock, then they threw our stuff around like footballs and broke numerous items and took no responsibility for it. I am reporting them to the Mass AG. If you pay movers big money to move your stuff, you should not be told, "Tough luck. You should have insured it." after they break it.

Return to “Open Community”