Any advice on Bekins movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
shocked

Any advice on Bekins movers

Postby shocked » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:04 pm

I need to move out of state. Anyone with prior experience with Bekins. Thanks.

Diane

Re: Any advice on Bekins movers

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:16 pm

Each agent is different. There are a couple in Northern CA that are good. There is one on Long Island that's terrible. There is one in MD called Berry Van Lines that people seemed to think was OK - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3387 Which one are you considering?

shocked

Postby shocked » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:52 am

Hi Diane,

I am looking into Bekins that is in Baltimore / Maryland that has two companies affilliated in MD,

Childs Brokerage inc.
945 E 30 th street
Baltimore 21218

or Eastern Moving & STG

12226 Pulaski Highway
Joppa 21085
MD

Thanks

Disgusted_by_Bekins

Postby Disgusted_by_Bekins » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 pm

I had the worst moving experience ever with Bekins, Childs Brokerage, Baltimore MD. I've moved quite a bit and never have I had the damage and loss experienced with this company. Still trying to get reimbursed... Get details about the insurance and late fees. They were less than honest when it came to these very important issues.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:53 pm

Someone in the industry (I honestly can't remember who) told me that Bekins routinely denies every single claim. They count on wearing people down. It's too bad, because Bekins used to be a premier van line. Milo Bekins was famous in Southern California and elsewhere. Now there are only a few Bekins agents that can really be considered first-rate. I advise you to drop the two that you're thinking about.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:06 am

Bekins as a whole has suffered from some major service issues within the past few years, I am not familiar with either office you mentioned however. Just do your homework, if you are storing take a tour of the warehouse and ask all the questions you can think of not only to the bekins rep but to anyone else you may be considering.

In the Baltimore/DC areas there are several full service movers with far better reputations. If you are interested here's a list that services the DC area:

Victory Van Corp agent for Allied (beware of name copier Victory Van Lines)
Paxton Van Lines agent for Atlas
Hilldrup Moving & Storage agent for United
Bayshore Transportation agent for Allied
Von Paris Moving & Storage agent for United

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:44 am

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff175962.htm

apparently denial is first order, regardless of how small

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 am

A lot of companies do that, even the bigger names with good reputations. MOST insurance companies in any industry do this often. non-emergency medical procedure done and covered?

Return to “Open Community”