Movers from CA to IN

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
heavncentt

Movers from CA to IN

Postby heavncentt » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:23 am

We are in the final stages and will be moving at the end of Feb from Irvine, Ca. to Indianpolis, In. I am having a very hard time trying to find a good, reputable company to move our 2 bedroom apt.

Does anyone have suggestions for great intra-state movers in the Orange County, Ca area?

We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!! :shock:

PMueller

Re: Movers from CA to IN

Postby PMueller » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:32 am

First, you are moving interstate so you will want an interstate mover. Intra-state is within the same state so you would only want that if you were staying in CA.

I work for Allied in FL and can recommend the following Allied offices,
Schick in Tustin, CA
Beverly Hills Transfer in Gardena, CA
Berger Transfer in Fullerton, CA

Keep in mind you should get several estimates, I'm sure there is good Atlas, United, North American representation in your area. Others will probably be able to post to give some advise on them for you.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:07 am

Besides the ones Pam mentioned, companies in Orange County that have had good comments from moving professionals posting here for interstate moves include Merit Moving Systems (United), Executive Moving (North American), Alexander's (Atlas), S & M Moving (United), and Suddath (United). However, we don't have any actual reviews of any of these companies, except for Beverly Hills Transfer--which is near Los Angeles rather than in Orange County, as you probably know.

Moving industry people have cautioned against using Alex Moving (North American) in Santa Ana or any Bekins agent in the Los Angeles area.

I was reviewing the information that has been posted on the board about Schick recently and I noticed that it tends to give high Binding Not to Exceed quotes. This isn't necessarily bad, but just something to be aware of. Many very good companies do the same thing. Your final weight is what matters--not the amount of the initial quote.

DrummerBoy

I just moved from Bay Area to Southern Indiana

Postby DrummerBoy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:44 pm

We used a self move with Broadway Express. Highly Recommended!

~jon

heavncentt

Postby heavncentt » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:12 pm

Thank you all so much, your knowledge and expertise mean the world to us!

Here is a list of the companies I am considering getting quotes from:

Suddath--La Mirada, Ca.
Executive Moving--Anaheim, Ca.
Alexanders Mobility--Tustin, Ca.
Merit Moving--Buena Park, Ca.
Berger Transfer--Fullerton, Ca.
Walsh Moving--Torrance, Ca.

I had Schick in Tustin, Ca. on my list to call, but when I did my background check on them they did not show ANY current insurance through Saferstat. So, I decided to not even take the chance.

Does anyone have any information on the above named movers? Any I should just not even bother calling? Any that you highly recommend??

Thank you all so much. We appreciate your time and all that you have done to help recent movers on this board. You are a life saver!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Shick represents a van line, and all moves are performed under their authority and insurance.

You do not check insurance on saferstat for the AGENT, you check for the VAN LINE.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:36 pm

Shick represents Allied Van Lines, that is who you need to research.

I read this on Shicks website, I am SURE they have insurance, they have been in business for many years:

The Schick family has been in the Moving and Storage business since 1903 and also belonged to the group of movers that joined forces to form Allied Van Lines in 1928.

In 1956 Schick Moving and Storage surfaced in the beautiful Southern California area to build a local tradition in the moving industry. We have a fully staffed and experienced team that over the years has proven positive in the success of our company.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:53 am

Schick is a great representative of Allied's service. As I reported in a previous post, their quality service scores are great. The quality service scores are received from customer feedback only and the questions range from the meeting with the sales rep, to the claim process (if there was damage) and covers everything in between to include packing, communication, loading, unloading, driver, special requests. Let me find it and post here for you.

Berger is also good as they are the largest agent with Allied due to their many offices throughout the U.S.

I work for an agent that has 3 offices in FL (not Berger- as of today, they have no offices in FL - but rumor has it that they want to) and we would use either of these agencies for one of our clients transferees.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:57 am

The scores from the Allied offices as I pulled on 1/5/06

Allied Grading Scale:

1.00-4.04 Needs Improvement
4.05-4.29 Met Standards
4.30-4.39 Very Good
4.40-5.00 Excellent

The scores are based on customer results received from 1/4/05 through 1/4/06. The number of survey is the number of cusomers that responded during the timeframe.

Empire Inland Ontario, CA 4.27 (136 Surveys)
Berger Transfer Fullerton, CA 4.38 (218 Surveys)
Beverly Hills Transfer Gardena, CA 4.40 (220 Surveys)
Schick Moving & Storage Tustin, CA 4.52 (248 Surveys)

Return to “Open Community”