Anyone used Liffey Van Lines of Mahopac, NY, lately?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
P O'Connell

Anyone used Liffey Van Lines of Mahopac, NY, lately?

Postby P O'Connell » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:33 pm

Liffey has been recommended to me verbally, but "Auth for Hire" is not checked on the SaferSys (FMCSA) Web site under "Operation Classification" and there seems to be no licensing/insurance info available for this carrier. They are affiliated with Allied Van Lines.

Thanks.

handydandy

Re: Anyone used Liffey Van Lines of Mahopac, NY, lately?

Postby handydandy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:12 pm

A great Irish moving company with a great reputation. Fully licensed and bonded.

NY DOT 10845
NJ PM 00682
US DOT 663326

Movers are courteous, speak english and are full of the Blarney. I highly recommend them.

Michelle

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:45 pm

Handy,

Have you used them? Or do you work for them? I may use them due to their affiliation with the highly known ALLIED moving company to move from NY to VA... just wanted to know,

Thanks,
Richard

handydandy wrote:A great Irish moving company with a great reputation. Fully licensed and bonded.

NY DOT 10845
NJ PM 00682
US DOT 663326

Movers are courteous, speak english and are full of the Blarney. I highly recommend them.

Michelle

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:30 am

Richard,

I'd be cautious about taking the word of anyone here recommending a specific moving company. Most people who are satisfied with their move don't come to a website called movingscam. Consult the article on this website "How to Find a Reputable Mover." Research Liffey as the guidelines there instruct you to do. One thing you should definitely do is make sure Liffey is in fact affiliated with the major van line. Some scam companies claim to be when they're actually not.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:38 am

Thanks, CA. I actually filled out the quote on Allied's website since I've seen their trucks all over... they are the ones that in fact cited Liffey as their local agent. I checked their safety record, etc, on the site provided by movingscam.com and they seem to check out OK.

I have to say, this website is great. The thought of someone else carrying my whole household's worth of goods is very uncomforting, but U-HAUL just won't do this time. Your website provides an excellent service.

Rich

consumer advocate wrote:Richard,

I'd be cautious about taking the word of anyone here recommending a specific moving company. Most people who are satisfied with their move don't come to a website called movingscam. Consult the article on this website "How to Find a Reputable Mover." Research Liffey as the guidelines there instruct you to do. One thing you should definitely do is make sure Liffey is in fact affiliated with the major van line. Some scam companies claim to be when they're actually not.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:16 pm

Good. If you can, please take the time to report back here on what company you use and how it goes.

Return to “Open Community”