re- ladera ranch mover needed!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
spencerbrown

re- ladera ranch mover needed!

Postby spencerbrown » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:35 pm

anyone know of a good local mover- what's the deal with e-move- i checked on a few of their movers and it looks real fishy??? is this a uhaul company??[/b]

MusicMom

Re: re- ladera ranch mover needed!

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:41 pm

No, they are most useful for searching out storage needs and for hiring guys from local companies to load the trucks you rent.

I would use Nancy's advice to find a good mover in CA, check out the California Moving & Storage Association. www.thecmsa.org

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:03 pm

eMove.com is owned by U-Haul. Some people listed there are very good and some not so good, but the main downside is that almost none of them have liability or workers' comp insurance.

I agree with MM's advice. You can actually call the CMSA to see whether they would give you a recommendation.

EastCoastMover

Postby EastCoastMover » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:33 pm

check out Nelsons a NAVL agent right there near you...Gus runs a good ship...also look into renting a truck and hiring some guys from a moving company to load it for you..although based on the houses i saw last month when i delivered to Ladera Ranch,you probably have way too much for a straight truck.....

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:51 pm

Nelson Moving was discussed here recently and "Nancy" (works for NAVL) also gave them a thumb's up - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7074 I'm glad to know about them. If you use them, please come back to report.

Return to “Open Community”