Which one???

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
needadvice

Which one???

Postby needadvice » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:31 am

Has anyone ever used any of the following companies: Simonik (Allied Van Lines), Shannon Transport (Atlas), Ed Schmidt (Mayflower) or Isaac's Relocation (independent, I believe)?? I'm looking for some feedback before making my choice. Any other recommmendations?? Thanks.

Diane

Re: Which one???

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:36 am

Don't use Isaac's. Where are you moving from and to?

weem

Postby weem » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:33 pm

Simonik and Shannon are both top notch-- i wouldn't put anyone in that area ahead of these two.

ThomasK

Postby ThomasK » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Dont use Isaacs if they are located in FL. There is a moving company called Isaacs that has a branch in South San Fransisco and one I believe in Boston or NYC. This Isaacs has wonderful service. As far as delivery is concerned these guys dont contract out to other companies and if they tell you they will have your belongings to you by a certain day they will, even if they have to send a truck with 2000 pounds on it by itself. There is another Isaacs in Florida that is known to take advantage of people so if theses are the guys you are talking about stay away. Anyway I hope this helps.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Nice plug for yourself. Too bad the Isaac's that Diane was referring to was one and the same. Isaac Moving in FL goes by 123 Moving.

The previous poster is in the same area as afore-mentioned Isaac's in CA.

needadvice

Postby needadvice » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:10 pm

Everybody, thanks for your input. Keep it coming. The Isaac's I was asking about is based in Philadelphia. We're moving from Philly to Colorado.
MusicMom, who exactly is plugging his company? Thanks.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:12 pm

Simonik Allied is a great provider and they have a nice size hauling fleet with good, quality drivers. They provide alot to corporate relocation and the individual's moving across town, state, country. I work for Allied (not Simonik) and have always received excellent service from them when needed. The branch of Simonik in Bound Brook has much higher quality scores than the branch in Mt. Laurel.

If I were you, I would decide between Allied and Atlas as I believe they would both be able to service anyone's needs. I don't know any definate information about the Atlas other than I've heard of them.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide and how things turn out. What type of move are you making? Local or long distance?

weem

Postby weem » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:12 pm

I also worked for Allied and some of their agents for many years and I had a complex moving business experience with Shannon specifically. While not a total fan of Atlas van lines------Shannon performed flawlessly. These are two of the very few really good movers in mid and south Jersey.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:50 am

I have just reviewed the thread and see where you already answered my question about where you are moving (sorry I missed that information earlier). For a long distance move as yours, I stick by my recommendations, stay with Atlas or Allied. The timeliness of delivery will be better with these two than a carrier that is not nationally known.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:05 pm

Diane,

this is "needadvice" again. I just couldn't log in under that name as I didn't remember my password. What's the main concern with Isaac's again? They are not blacklisted and seem to have a decent report from the BBB. They're also a bit cheaper that the other two. What do you think? Thanks

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:30 pm

needadvice,

Please don't go with Isaac's. There is a horrible report on a move with Isaac's from Philadelphia described here -
suede68 wrote:We used Isaac's relocation company in December of 2001 to move from Philadelphia to Arizona & it was a nightmare. I had a guaranteed price that I signed for the move. The movers were supposed to show up at 7:30am so I made sure that I was there at 7:30am but the movers didn't show up till 1:30pm. The movers had an attitude & started telling me we have more then our quote, I told him that I actucally had less since I gave away a few couches, t.v & other furniture. They contined to move slow & take cigarette breaks every 10 minutes. They did not throw down drop clothes & everytime they went out & came back in they were dragging mud on the feet onto the carpets. I told them that it has to stop because I am flying out in the morning & that I can't have muddy carpets for the new owners. They finally threw drop clothes down. My husband had flown in that morning to help with the move (which he also physically helped) & stayed there the whole time. We bought them pizza & drinks. They were there till late since they started late (& took lots of breaks.) When they finished packing the van they told my husband that in order to receive our stuff that we would have to pay $4000 more. They also came a 2 days later then what we were promised & they wouldn't give us our stuff until we paid them $4000 more. They also stole a large box of collector superhero magazines that were my sons. They made a stressful time worse, they took advantage of us. By the way they were from Isreal. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone! -http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=39779#39779

In that same thread it is disclosed that an Isaac's salesperson said that the Isaac's in MA, PA, and CA are all related--that they are branches of the same company. Finally, in a case of "what goes around comes around," someone just posted that Aaron Robilotto, who used to be a sales rep for Isaac's in MA, lost items when Isaac's subcontracted his own move to CA to some other half-baked company - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 2030#52030 When he worked for Isaac's, Aaron got into so much trouble insulting various people on this messageboard that he almost got himself banned - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1753 In that thread, ironically, he had referred to Isaac's as an "excellent" company--not knowing that he himself would have his own move messed up by them later on.

It's just not worth it to go with an extremely marginal company like Isaac's in an attempt to save a small amount of money. Please, re-read "suede68's" description quoted above. Do you want to go through something like that? You will have absolutely no control over who actually moves you to Colorado and the risk of delay, damage, and extortion is very great.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:58 am

Diane,

Thank you very much for providing that link. I appreciate your insight.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:08 pm

You're welcome. If you want to save money, please either move with Broadway Express or ABF or else call the full-service company Moovers, Inc. to see whether they may possibly have a truck going west when you want to move. Here is their review thread with contact information - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4655

Nicky

Postby Nicky » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 am

We used Isaac's for a local move at the end of June, 2006. They charged $150 dollars more than they said they would ("Oh, they didn't tell you that you would have to pay for our transit time to and from our base?") They also gouged a small hole in our apartment wall and didn't tell us about it, despite having spent a considerable amount of time warning them about the need for extreme care in the building (the landlady was not a relaxed anything-goes sort of individual). They were perfectly friendly (from Israel) but I wouldn't recommend them for the two reasons outlined above.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:50 am

Hi - since I can see that you're posting from NJ, I assume that the Isaac's you're talking about is the one in Philadelphia, same as the one complained about by "suede68" above. Thanks for the additional warning.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”