Moving From MI to FL- Experts please help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
velociraptor

Moving From MI to FL- Experts please help

Postby velociraptor » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 am

Hi,

I have a questions. I am getting quotes from local movers namely Corrigan, Frisbee, Morse and Stevens. The estimator from Corrigan suggested that i use PROSTAR for moving my Car. Their website is www.shipmycar.com. Has anyone used this company. if so can you please provide some feedback. Thanks

goldminegutted

Re: Moving From MI to FL- Experts please help

Postby goldminegutted » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:35 pm

Prostar looks OK to me at first glance. Did a search on Google, didn't find any bad reviews or related companies/aliases. It did direct me to www .autodelivery. com [link disabled for protection] which is a virus site that tried to run scripts and exploit my IE browser, but after closing it and re-running it, it survived. I'm not sure it's relevant, but though I'd point it out in case anyone else tried to check out that link- DON'T GO THERE!

I did a search on this board and no one has talked about this company before. That could be good or bad. You might want to go with a company that has some positive reviews as opposed to blindly jumping into this one not knowing of anyone who's even used them. There is an auto-transporter thread stickie at the top of this forum, so read up on that. From what I gather there is no hands-down great company, but I personally think uneven performance might be better than unknown performance.

You may want to try getting a quote from Broadway Express if you want your car moved, I'm not sure how cost efficient it would be, but it couldn't hurt and at least they are known to do a great job.

Also, check this thread if you want some good words said about both Corrigan and Frisbee: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4385

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 pm

Velociraptor,

Pro-Star Enterprises (MC262926) is a auto broker only - they have no trucks. They had an issue in which their brokerage authority was briefly revoked in 2004, but otherwise they've been in business for 12 years. Otherwise I don't know much about them.

I'm a little surprised that the Corrigan rep referred you to Prostar . United Van Lines has an vehicle transportation tariff, however, Corrigan doesn't operate any carriers any more. In fact, each of the companies that you mentioned could arrange to move your vehicle for you either on their own trucks or through their van line's third party relationships with auto carriers.

Rose Moving and Storage, an Allied agent in Dearborn, does operate about 20 of their own open and closed carriers. You might consider contacting them to move both your household goods and your auto if you not satisfied with the companies that you've already contacted.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:23 am

It might be worth calling Coast to Coast Auto Transport to see whether they service your route - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 2148#42148

I don't like the look of this auto broker that you're asking about. The BBB report says that a guy connected with the woman who runs it was formerly involved in some other business . . . seems iffy. I agree with Rick that it's best to go with a company that has its own trucks if you can.

velociraptor

Postby velociraptor » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:05 am

Thanks. Corrigan does move autos and they suggested that its more expensive to use them than to use an indepndent mover. I did talk to DAS and they are quoting $1000 and change to do a home to home move. I will talk to some more local companies to see what the quotes might be. Thanks

velociraptor

Postby velociraptor » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:06 am

I also got quotes form MORSE moving. Per Michael he suggest that corrigan is better. SO i am waiting for quotes from stevens and frisbee before i decide.Onc ei have all the quotes i will post them here

velociraptor

Postby velociraptor » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:31 am

I am looking to talk to ROSE moving does anyone have any experience with them

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:44 am

As Rick pointed out, they are an Allied agent out of Dearborn, MI. They've been in business since 1928 which is a very positive sign. I'd feel comfortable getting an estimate from them. Just make sure that you still get a couple of other in-home estimates to compare against.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:23 am

"PMueller" could probably comment on Rose's quality scores if you send her a PM.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:02 pm

I have sent the author of this thread a PM to answer his questions, but if anyone else out there is interested in Rose/Allied quality scores here they are:

The agency overall score puts them in a very good category. The drivers for Rose/Allied quality scores are in the Excellent category. Both of these ratings are for a period from 03/2005-03/2006.

Please keep in mind these scores are from Allied's quality surveys performed during the time period listed above for customers that was serviced. This site nor myself are endorsing the use of this particular office, I am only informing of the performance as reported by past customers.

Return to “Open Community”