Good Experience! CA-SC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mmtd

Good Experience! CA-SC

Postby mmtd » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:19 pm

I just want to report on a "good" moving experience.
Four months ago we moved from CA to SC. I got 4 quotes from major van lines, and used this site extensively. We chose a United agent:
MARIN WORLDWIDE MOVING & STORAGE
http://www.marinmoving.com

It was their Global tracking system that grabbed me, as the prices were pretty much the same. Note: I could quite figure out how to get the tracking to work, but the people at the office were extrememly helpful.

I was given 7-10 days, and my stuff arrived on the 10th day. It was promised the 8th day, but my driver stopped somewhere else first. What I was impressed with was that the driver called first to ask if it was OK, then the main office called to see how I was doing and make sure it was OK with me...I was surprised.

And! I got a weight adjustment credit on my credit card a few weeks later. (unexpected, and I wouldn't have known it was less if they didn't tell me).

Now, I am planning a move to Canada and it is a pain!! The United agent here seems really really sketchy...we will see. (Yes, I am getting other quotes)

Good luck to all!

Melina

Re: Good Experience! CA-SC

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:08 pm

This must be the first time United has done something right!

I am glad to hear of your successful move and am glad you chose United.

I am going to be honest with you about your shipment to Canada, many sales reps are not familiar with shipments going to Canada. This is why we have a Canadian department that assists with everything. The pricing is the same as when you moved from CA with the exception that the discount will not be as great. Normally, a 58%-60% is about as high as you'll get, but that is why it is good to still get estimates. You could still contact your sales rep from CA and he/she will be able to schedule your move and they will be your single point of contact. If you were happy with them, that is what I wouyld suggest. They obviously have the weight of your shipment and should be able to price it very accurately for you.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Josh

mmtd

Postby mmtd » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:13 pm

Thanks Josh.

I didn't realize I could use them again. I thought I had to go with whoever was local... I will contact them on Monday!

I am in the process of getting quotes from movers, and following this site's guidelines- we will see what happens, and I am sure I will have questions...

Happy New Year,

Melina

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:19 pm

Melina,

I have many customers that move about every year and they call me each time. Once you find someone that you can trust, why not continue to use them.

If nothing has changed since your last move, you probably won't need an in home estimate from them, but if you do, they can send someone out to do a survey for them. It doesn't cost you anymore. There are certain percentages set for Booking commission and origin agent commission.

Good luck to you.

Josh

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:50 pm

Melina,

I also work for United in Concord, and Marin is a good agency, and I interact with them all the time, and we have no complaints.

As Josh suggested, you should contact your original sales estimator, and he/she can set everything up...

Moving into Canada is not as complex as it seems, but there are certain other things and documents required that you don't have on domestic shipments. Depending on where you move, there could be ferry charges, and plan on having to clear customs.

Have a safe move.

Lee

smiller

Postby smiller » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:07 pm

Im moving from the states to Canada- how did your move go?

Return to “Open Community”