Does using a major carrier minimize problems??

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Erich

Re: Does using a major carrier minimize problems??

Postby Erich » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:40 pm

Diane-
On the move with Allied, I had to cancel because of sick kids at home. They are father away, so they will only stop by if they have an estimator in my area. So the next appt could have been over a week. So I decided to pass.

On Aaron, meeting him in person was good. He was professional, knew what he was doing, etc. When he visited me, he was talking all about weight, using cubes only as refernce and adjusting them when he needed to make the weight realistic. I think he was a good guy maybe working for a not so good company. As far as his comments, ehhh, maybe not so good. But people can be idiots in forums some times. Easy to lash out when you are behind a keyboard. He is working for a highly respected company, and even if he was a bad egg, it probably couldn't rub off on the company right?

I will continue to check on those awards....and check that other auto mover.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:02 pm

If you have a guaranteed not to exceed from Golden Eagle, I would not be nervous about the estimator. He is just one step in the process, and that company has an exemplory reputation.

Another place for you to check a reference, call the California Moving & STorage Assoc, www.thecmsa.org. The staff there knows everyone.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:17 pm

I agree that the most important thing is the company (Golden Eagle) and not the estimator, but I'm still troubled by the fact that a highly regarded company would hire such a person. Of all the people that I respect in the moving industry, I know that NOT ONE would have posted such things on a messageboard, regardless of the provocation. I yield to others' opinions on this matter, but I just want to get my concerns about him on the record in case he is somehow misrepresenting what Golden Eagle can offer.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:25 pm

Erich, perhaps you should call the owner and see your impression of him.

Diane, everyone can start over. I just can't see a salesman being blackballed from the industry for a lapse in judgement on a website. I don't beleive I am wrong on this. Bob Johnson runs a very tight, effective company at Golden Eagle.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:43 pm

Just to clarify - I don't want to blackball anybody or contribute to anybody being blackballed. I simply want to get my concerns on the record because my mission here is protect the consumer first and foremost. People are free to do a search on the rep's last name and form their own opinions. I am not going to post the thread to make it easy for them; I am just saying that they can do so if they wish. I am not going to say any more about this because my conscience is now clear.

I believe that Golden Eagle is an excellent company and more than a year ago I actually took it on myself to post about it and to ask "BigLeeCalif" for confirmation of my impression that it was a good company, which can also be seen if anyone wants to search on the phrase "Golden Eagle" - http://www.movingscam.com/viewtopic/pos ... 4309#24309 I doubt that Erich would even be thinking of moving with Golden Eagle if I hadn't investigated the company back then and kept bringing its stellar record to people's attention when appropriate (see the beginning of this thread).

Erich

Postby Erich » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:50 pm

Diane and Nancy-
Thanks for the input. Nancy, I will do what you say and call the owner, just to check. I agree with Diane that I would not even have known about Golden Eagle or Aaron Robolito if it were not for the people on here. I will call to double check the stroy I got directly with the owner. I will also ask him about the awards issue. I really appreciate everyones input on this. By mid March I should be on here giving a detailed report about how it went so that I can provide some feedback into this group on my experience.

Erich

Postby Erich » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Hey all. I just got off the phone with Golden Eagle. It's amazing, you can call and talk directly with Bob or Tom Johnson, the owners of the operation. Bob was in, but Tom is working nights right now. I asked about the awards, and was told that they list them on their website, since United does not specify space for them on Uniteds Website. There were a ton of them, but most important was the customer service ones that are based on customer satisfaction surveys after the move. They came in 2nd in 1994 and have been 1st ever since (Up to 2005). I have asked every question I can think of and they have answered it satisfactorly. I am booking with them this week and will keep everyone posted!!!

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:42 pm

Good choice, and what are you going to do about your cars?

Erich

Postby Erich » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:17 pm

Probably going to go through them also, but I had a few questions on that first and the coordinator, Chris, was out today but will be calling me back tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Moving in Rancho

Postby Moving in Rancho » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:46 pm

For what it is worth, I used Golden Eagle for a local move about 5 years ago. They were late arriving, but kept calling me to give updates about when the crew would be there - even suggesting I go to lunch and even if they came and I was gone, they would wait for me to return without charging for the time.

They got the whole move done in the afternoon, though they had to use a back-up crew. Price came in right on the estimate.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:03 pm

Thanks. I'll add your report to my summary post on Inland Empire movers.

Erich

Postby Erich » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:23 pm

Well, it's been a while but I finally am getting back to post a report. I completed my move to Charlotte with Golden Eagle. Overall it was a great experience. My co-ordinator, Chris Macias was on the ball the whole time. They showed up promptly, packed efficently and ran a great crew. They gave me a two day delivery window and let me pick which day I wanted. They got into Charlotte early, so the driver came by to scope the area. He had a hairpin turn to make onto my court and couldn't make it. They arranged for a smaller truck and got the problem solved the day prior to our delivery. They were on time for the delivery and again, ran a great crew. Everything survived the trip with only a few minor cosmetic scratches on a couple things. Exceptionally done.

-The drivers were Paul and Carrie, a married couple that were GREAT. -Aaron Robilotto was the estimator who came out and his estimate was only about 500 lbs high on an approx 8000 lb move.
-Chris Macias was the co-ordinator and he was great, kept me updated the whole way.

Overall this move was extremely smooth, almost too good. GOLDEN EAGLE moving of Upland gets an A+ on this one. They litterally could not have done anything better.

Thanks to Diane / MusicMom and everyone else for the advice. It really helped and made it a great move. I will update on the auto move using TNT next.

Erich

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:21 pm

It's so great to read this rave review! Congratulations to all involved, including Chris, Aaron, and the drivers. I'll add your update to my summary post on CA movers.

Bullcrap

Postby Bullcrap » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Movingscam only "recommends" the companies that pay for them to advertise on this site (Broadway Express and ABF Upack).

I would recommend them to everyone also if I was getting a $75 finders fee for every move booked.

Pick a full-service reputable mover and quit wasting time with these hacks.

- A former "BE" employee.

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:33 pm

In case you didnt read this post bullcrap, the shipper moved with a national carrier. Hmmmmmm, did I miss something where this particular shipper was ridiculed and advised to move with BE or ABF?????

Get a clue dumb ass!!
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Return to “Open Community”