moving help nj to tx

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mina184

moving help nj to tx

Postby mina184 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:58 am

Hello Forum,
I am planning a move from Robbinsville, NJ to Austin, Tx. I have gotten 4 estimates so far with a wide range of estimated pounds from 4000 to 6500. :cry:

So here is what I have so far:

McCollister's: wt est-4000 lbs, total est charges-$3500. ( itemized list of what was included not provided to me, and though the salesman said it was guaranteed not exceed price-it was not written on the estimate)

Central Moving Systems: wt est- 5000lbs, total est charges-$4193. (itemized list provided and also "not to exceed" on estimate

Apollo Moving and Storage: wt est-6500 lbs, total est charges-$5035. (itemized list provided and guaranteed not to exceed listed on estimate)

All Brunswick Van Lines:
wt est-5200 lbs, total est charges-$4577. (non binding estimate and no itemized list of my items provided.)

That's it for now. I have tried to research on the websites as much as I can but it somehow still seems to get confusing. Any thoughts on any of these companies/estimates? I know Diane always seems to have great insight into alot of these moves. Any thoughts or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! :D

Diane

Re: moving help nj to tx

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:48 am

Answering quickly on my way out of town:

Do not accept a Nonbinding estimate from anybody.

McCollister's should provide an inventory list and an estimate that says GNTE or Option C on it. The inventory list is the basis of the GNTE and without it, the GNTE could be challenged by the driver.

I have heard that Apollo (NAVL) is good.

I actually think any of your choices would probably be OK but I guess I would lean away from All Brunswick because Wheaton is a smaller van line.

Re: moving help nj to tx

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:14 am

I'm a fan of ABVL as I've worked there in the past. Keep in mind that just because the estimator didn't write an itemized list, when the driver comes to get your belongings, he will certainly sticker and inventory every single thing he puts on his truck.

Return to “Open Community”