Local Move from Kansas City, MO to Shawnee/Lenexa, KS area

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Local Move from Kansas City, MO to Shawnee/Lenexa, KS area

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 pm

I am going to be moving in 4-5 months and am trying to decide which moving company to use. I plan on packing all of my boxes myself. Several coworkers have recomended the local Two Men and a Truck out of Overland Park, KS. Has anyone had a bad experience with this company or can recomend a better company in the area?

I am moving a 1 bedroom apartment with only the living room furnished (plus a bed in the bedroom). I don't own very many things, so I will be on the low end in regards to box number.

Diane

Re: Local Move from Kansas City, MO to Shawnee/Lenexa, KS ar

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi - we don't actually get many mentions of companies in your area. I know that Two Men and a Truck varies in quality from state to state, but if you have good comments from people you know, I would tend to trust them. This is the only company that I know has been mentioned in St. Louis. As a van line agent it might be more expensive than Two Men for a local move:
--Fry-Wagner (United) in St. Louis.
We have a very good review by "cardsfan" for a move from St. Louis to Tampa:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 1292#51292 (interstate)

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:44 am

Once again your crossing state lines. Therefore your move may not be considered local. And Missouri is a regulated state. I would check the BBB records for the local Two men and a Truck first. As a franchise, they are definitely a hit and miss company in regards to quality and service.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:00 am

It may look like an interstate move, but it's within the metropolitan area, so it is still considered a local move (for those unfamiliar, Kansas City, MO is on the border of MO and KS and the metropolitan area is stretched out over the two states).

visitor10

Postby visitor10 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:44 pm

I know that Fry-Wagner also has a Kansas City office that is in Lenexa, Kansas and covers the entire Missouri/Kansas Area. Good company too.

Diane wrote:Hi - we don't actually get many mentions of companies in your area. I know that Two Men and a Truck varies in quality from state to state, but if you have good comments from people you know, I would tend to trust them. This is the only company that I know has been mentioned in St. Louis. As a van line agent it might be more expensive than Two Men for a local move:
--Fry-Wagner (United) in St. Louis.
We have a very good review by "cardsfan" for a move from St. Louis to Tampa:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 1292#51292 (interstate)

visitor10

Postby visitor10 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:45 pm

Just happened to look up the local number 913/541-0020

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:18 am

The move went well. 2 men and a truck got the job done with no complaints. I would recommend them to anyone in the KCMO area for a local move. Thanks everyone for your comments.

chr1s

Re: Local Move from Kansas City, MO to Shawnee/Lenexa, KS area

Postby chr1s » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:50 pm

I appreciate that it is quite a long time after the original post. However, I have personally used Two Men & A Truck twice. Once from within the same city. The second time was from one city to another about 70 miles away. All of the dealings we had with them were extremely pleasant and courteous. They had good customer service manners. They generally showed up on time, within an hour or so. We had packed everything that wasn't to be transported on our own both times. Actually, in both cases we shifted a lot of the small stuff (books, clothes etc) ourselves and had them come in to shift televisions, stereos, furniture et al. On both occasions we left in one room and said "here you go" and it disappeared into the truck and was unloaded at our destination without any hassles at all. They were reasonably priced and if they did moves to where I'm going (Australia) I would strongly consider going with them.

chptrkrules

Postby chptrkrules » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Go Chiefs, Go Herm, we finally got one (made them Denver donkeys look like a WNBA team) it's only a matter of time before Herms young guys are 3rd and 4th year players then lookout Superbowls, well have us a bonafide dynasty.

Sorry, I'm a displaced KC man stuck in Portland, had to comment on my favorite team and favorite city in the county. And don't call it bbq unless it came from KC.

chptrkrules

Postby chptrkrules » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Carlyle Van Lines is a small van line that does have local authority in Mo and Ks. They will do you right. They are located in Warrensburg, but moved my Brother and his family from Columbia to KC. We used to be the Carlyle agent in Portland before switching to National Van Lines.

Return to “Open Community”