Moving in NJ

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
moving in NJ

Moving in NJ

Postby moving in NJ » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:26 pm

Have estimates from three companies:

Goman's (nice guys - no salesman talk - I think it's the actual mover I met with)
Advanced Relocation Services (total salesman)
Atlantic Moving & Storage (salesman, but congenial)

I see Atlantic's Long Island City office is on the blacklist - any idea why? I was thinking of going with them since the guy seemed really thorough. This company is from Passaic, NJ, but the phone number was the same as the blacklist.

We're trying to save money - maybe move some boxes ourselves and let them move the rest to save time. Or maybe move all the breakables & expensive to box items (tv / mirrors / etc.) ourselves.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

thethinman

Re: Moving in NJ

Postby thethinman » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Where in NJ are you moving to and from?

moving in NJ

Postby moving in NJ » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:05 am

Edison to Glen Ridge...

joanna22jet@aol.com

Postby joanna22jet@aol.com » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:13 am

don't know if this helps...but i live in n.j. (livingston) and have been going thru complete angst since trying to find a mover to pickup only 6 pieces of furniture from my college son in miami to move home...quotes were either high (not really worth the value of furniture being moved) due to minimum weights or when reasonable not sure if subject to change per all the scary stories on the internet. After being told about this website and getting some direction from a few people I ended up speaking with a n.j./florida based company (which was on the moving scams positive list diane/tim sent me to look at) and it has been what i hope a wonderful experience....Bohrens/United Van Lines (Parsippany) agent Judy was amazing. Due to minimum weight price they were too costly but she took the time to contact their Florida division to see if they had a delivery coming up, when that did not work out, she still took the time to give me 2 companies she has personnally worked with in the past in Florida (not connected with hers) that were excellent. (coincidentally they were on the movingscams positive list)..Still yet, she said if they didn't work out due to high cost she gave me the name of a company that works with oversize shipments that had been really great for her clients in the past...I have now been in contact with them, they have all registered license #s (DOT, MC and also authorized to ship for Department of Defense) and their price is totally reasonable and I do not have to pay till our things arrive!!!...Just thought you'd like to hear what "seems" to be a positive story, obviously won't know till move happens in 3 weeks but JUDY AT BOHRENS was a real find and she did this all just to be helpful hearing my tale of woe...You might want to give her a call. If she can be that helpful to someone who she knew was not going to use her company and she was on the positive experience list, I think they may be a reputable find...

moving in nj

Postby moving in nj » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks Joanna - every piece of information helps! Hope the move goes well.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Joanna, I have added your strong praise of Judy at Bohren's to my summary post on NJ movers, mentioning that she is in the Parsippany branch.

Return to “Open Community”