Philadelphia moving

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sharon

Re: Philadelphia moving

Postby sharon » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:16 am

jenn wrote:I am looking for movers to do an intrastate move from from Philadelphia, PA to Washington, PA (20 miles south of Pittsburgh). I am moving from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house. Does anyone have any suggestions for trustworthy movers? Also, if anyone knows of any movers that should be avoided, please let me know. We are considering Shelly Moving & Storage and Nicky's Moving & Storage. Does anyone have any info on these 2 companies? Thanks!!

Dear Jenn,
You must stay a way from USA Express, they are the worst moving company in PA.

Sharon

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:19 am

I couldn't find anything negative on Fischer Hughes. Graebel Eastern Movers, Inc. shows up in SAFERSYS as being located in Haddon Heights, NJ with a DOT# 163397 and MC# 141481. However, FMCSA Licensing & Insurance shows they have no authority, but they have insurance. Perhaps Tim might be able to clear this one up.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:19 am

I would keep Fischer-Hughes Transport on my list of companies to do an in-home estimate and throw Graebel Eastern out the window. Fischer-Huges is a large company that has been in business for years. I can't tell for sure, but Graebel Eastern is looking like a knock-off company. If a company looks that fishy, just stay away!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

chachi82

Postby chachi82 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:33 am

Does anybody know any other company that tends to scam people? I know Adelphia has a bad record, know of any other incidence from that company or other companies? Also, is Adelphia under any other name?

I want to put an end to moving scams! Please let me know as soon as possible!

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:17 pm

ADELPHIA MOVING aka Adelphia Moving & Storage
P.O. BOX 8990
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19135
6652 Hegerman Street
Philadelphia, PA 19135
(Hegerman Address appears to be residential)
(215) 624-7214 (appears to be residential)

Check out this article from 2001
http://www.northeasttimes.com/2001/0704/slaying.html
Perhaps someone got revenge on a bad move

chachi82

Postby chachi82 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:57 pm

anyone know of any victims of Adelphia Moving?!??!?!?!?!? I'm trying to get this story on TV. Thanks!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:12 am

Just a note on Adelphia Movers. I was friends with the person that started the company about 4 years ago. He was killed in his Moving office during the middle of the night. He slept there often because he didn't feel safe carrying so much cash home late in the evening. Anyways, he had a partner who was usually off selling drug while he was setting up moves. I assume that partner is running the business now. Needless to say, stay far away. There is even rumors some of his movers were the ones that killed him. Nobody was ever arrested.

Adelphia Movers

Postby Adelphia Movers » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:29 am

Also in regard to Adelphia, I am not going to name the name of the company. But the owner that was killed had an on-going fued with a rival moving company. To the point he told a close friend, "if anything ever happens to me, go after so and so" This information was given to the police, and I am sure they investigated it... but obviously nothing ever came of it.

jenn

Postby jenn » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:07 am

My move was sucessful thanks to the fantastic people at movingscam.com! You guys rock! We went with Shelley moving. They weren't the least expensive, but they weren't the most expensive either. They were fantastic!! NOTHING was damaged. They were very professional and courteous. The drivers were prompt. In fact, they were going to be 30 minutes late to drop our things off at our new house and they called from the road to tell us so. How many movers would do that? I imagine that most would just keep you guessing. They took special care of all the boxes that were marked fragile. I can't praise them eoungh. We'd hire them again anytime! And FYI- their initial estimate was very close to the final cost! Thank you again to Tim and everyone at moving scam!

neal

Postby neal » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:21 am

Hi, Jenn I'am glad you has a great move with Shelley ( Allied Agent) One of my freind works there, I know if he was your mover, than you did have a good one. Wesley S. He used to work for me here at FVL.

Thanks, Neal

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:04 am

Thanks for the comliments Jenn, and I'm glad to hear your move went the way that it should... smoothly. :D

We'll keep putzing around here trying to help out where we can.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”