ALERT - avoid ProActive Relocation

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
gatesman

ALERT - avoid ProActive Relocation

Postby gatesman » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:06 pm

Being brand new to using moving companies, I thought I had my company chosen (ProActive Relocation) until I started to do some research on them. Now, after some yellow pages and web research, I'm going to get some in-house estimates from Atlas Transfer and Storage, Sullivan and Eckert's.

We're moving from San Diego to Atlanta in the last week of June, so there's some time. Also, our household is rather small (a 2 bd/1 ba 700 sq. ft apartment), but my wife is pregnant, so thus the neccesity of a moving company packing/moving for us. Additionally, we need to move one car (4-door Dodge Neon).

After extensive reading of this site, I'm on the right track, but all suggestions are most definitely welcome.

EastCoastMover

Re: San Diego, CA to Atlanta, GA - all suggestions welcome!

Postby EastCoastMover » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:54 am

without sounding like a recommendation, you will be happy with eckerts for sure and probably with the others also..just insist on a gtne contract and an in home estimate and prepare to be flexible with your delivery time as you are moving a small shipment cross country at the absolute busiest time of the moving season...also if you decide to use one of the major movers,book asap as the week you are moving tends to fill up first.....good luck and keep us up to date with your progress.

peterpqa

Postby peterpqa » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:08 pm

I just moved from San Diego to Colorado with Moovers, Inc. -- www.mooversinc.com. They are wonderful! I strongly recommend that you contact them.

Been there

Postby Been there » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:03 pm

It's a good thing you decided not to use Proactive Relocation for your move. We actually used them to move from San Diego to New Hampshire and our stuff arrived in bad shape with a huge, one of a kind oil painting stolen right out of the frame. Someone unwrapped the painting, broke the frame, took the canvas and then rewrapped the broken frame! A couple of other, lesser items were also stolen. The company swore that it wasn't stolen, said that they would do something to compensate us, and then have now avoided my calls for 2 months. All messages go unanswered. I have called numerous times and cannot get a single live person on the phone! They are scammers, thieves and liars - do not ever use this company!

MusicMom

Re: ALERT - avoid ProActive Relocation

Postby MusicMom » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:47 pm

If it's a one of a kind painting, the police should have no trouble putting out a stolen artwork notice.

Return to “Open Community”