Moving from Chicago to Hong Kong in June

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
dontscamme

Moving from Chicago to Hong Kong in June

Postby dontscamme » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:18 pm

Can anyone suggest some international movers?

I have contact some companies on the internet before knowing there are tons of scams.

One contacted me: Laser International in Naperville, IL (or the one contacted me through email was Rainer International). Have anyone heard of it before? The person contacted me was J.P.

Thanks!

twalker
Site Admin

Re: Moving from Chicago to Hong Kong in June

Postby twalker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:35 pm

You can find three listed on this page:

http://www.movingscam.com/news/internationalMove.shtml

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Laser International does not have a lot of info available. The BBB requsted info from them in August of 2003, but has never received anything. A Google search reveals them as a partner with GetAMover.com, and a few Yellow Pages ads, but not much of anything else.

They are also not listed as being licensed by the FMC as either a Freight Forwarder or a NVOCC. Meaning, there are no protections for you if you hire this company.

Click on Tim's link.

Postby Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 6:20 am

I would recommend calling a few local moving agents- I have found the following companys to do a great job
Pickens Kane out of Bloomingdale
Ace Relocation out of Elgin
Jackson Moving out of Naperville

I have never heard of Laser and I work the local market - I would steer clear of them. I would recommend using a local Chicago based company as the companys listed here would more than likely sub contract to someone similar to them .

Good Luck

dontscamme wrote:Can anyone suggest some international movers?

I have contact some companies on the internet before knowing there are tons of scams.

One contacted me: Laser International in Naperville, IL (or the one contacted me through email was Rainer International). Have anyone heard of it before? The person contacted me was J.P.

Thanks!

RMS777

Postby RMS777 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:25 pm

I have noticed some concerns about a lack of information about our company online. Just to update you for future reference, Laser International Transportation Inc., is an international moving company based in Naperville, IL (Chicago). Our business is strictly international. We are an agent of Rainier Overseas and Sterling International. They give us thier Chicago outbound/inbound international leads in exchange for us using thier forwarding services. As such, the FMC # is that of Sterling or Rainier. The sales, paperwork, in-home survey, follow up, packing, wrapping, loading etc. is done by us, the forwarding by them. We move hundreds internationally every year and have been in business since 1996. We were incorporated in the state of Illinois in 2000.

As you well know, Rainier and Sterling are both very reputable companies and are certified with FMC#'s. As for the website, it is on the way www.lasermoving.com and should be up and running within a few months. We most definitely realize the value of online marketing and have a company preparing our website as we speak.

Should you have any questions for us please feel free to call (630) 718-9400. Thanks for reading this.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Thank you for the clarification.

Return to “International Moves”