Tacoma, WA to Boise, ID - using Bekins NW/Atlas?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MarkRez

Tacoma, WA to Boise, ID - using Bekins NW/Atlas?

Postby MarkRez » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:30 pm

I am thinking of using Bekins Northwest/Atlas for my upcoming move from Spanaway,WA (south of Tacoma) to Boise, ID.

So far so good, I have done all the research according to the article: 'How to Find a Reputable Moving Company', and they seem to be passing all the marks.
I have a received a Insured Price Protection Estimate (APP) For $3987.03, 7970 pounds, and 491 miles. Since it is less than 600 miles and considered a local move, it will be drivers from the Tacoma office doing the drive. And, from what they are telling me, they can apparently do a better job protecting the house during the packing and moving process (putting protection down on the floor, wrapping the corners) because of this.

The address on business card: (matches what is on the Website)
Eric Exner (Bekins)
2121 South 80th ST
Tacoma, Wa 98409

Atlas Van Lines (DOT# 125550)
1212 ST. George RD, PO Box 509
Evansville, Indiana 47703-0509
800-252-8885

Does anyone have anything to add or experience with them I should know about :?:

This is a very new thing for me and this site/forum has been awesome - Thanks.

Diane

Re: Tacoma, WA to Boise, ID - using Bekins NW/Atlas?

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:41 pm

There are good comments and one good review of Bekins Northwest (Tacoma) on this website--see the link below. Having them self-haul your shipment is a big plus, as they told you, and I think you will be OK with them. Just remember that there can be glitches such as minor damage and delay with any move, especially during the busy summer season.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

muffinstove

Postby muffinstove » Mon May 01, 2006 6:24 am

I would avoid Bekins if I were you. We had our entire household goods picked up in Cleveland, Ohio on 4/17/06. It's now 5/1/06 and we still don't have the goods. We're stuck in our new home in NC with just the clothes on our back. Hopefully, tomorrow it will arrive. Our scheduled arrival ws 4/20 to 4/26/06. When I called the carrier (Olympus) on 4/26 they didn't even know they had it in their warehouse. Bekins is alot of lipservice on the matter.

amcoop

Postby amcoop » Mon May 01, 2006 8:03 am

muffinstove - Did you use Bekins Van Lines (it sounds like it because you mention thier agent Olympus)? If so, that is different than Bekins NW. Bekins NW is an Atlas agent here in Washington State. I just wanted to clarify.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 01, 2006 10:45 am

muffinstove wrote:I would avoid Bekins if I were you. We had our entire household goods picked up in Cleveland, Ohio on 4/17/06. It's now 5/1/06 and we still don't have the goods. We're stuck in our new home in NC with just the clothes on our back. Hopefully, tomorrow it will arrive. Our scheduled arrival ws 4/20 to 4/26/06. When I called the carrier (Olympus) on 4/26 they didn't even know they had it in their warehouse. Bekins is alot of lipservice on the matter.

Yes, the above poster is correct. The company "muffinstove" is talking about (I believe the correct name is Olympian Moving and Storage) is a BEKINS agent whereas Bekins Northwest is an ATLAS agent. Be careful not to confuse the two. Incidentally, Olympian's website at www.moveolympian.com is a mess.

I'll add this delay report to my summary post on Ohio movers (see link below). People should take note of this:- the person's pickup was 4/17 and the last day of the delivery spread was 4/26. The shipment MAY be delivered tomorrow (5/2), i.e. almost a week later.

:arrow: As we go into the busy summer season, I recommend that people understand the possibility that their shipments could be delivered as late as one week following the last day of the spread, and prepare accordingly by taking enough clothes, baby equipment, etc. as well as all important papers with them. Delay of this magnitude is not common, but it does occur, and in all van lines. Please see the following thread for what happened to some people moving with North American, Allied, United, and Atlas Van Lines last summer: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5608
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”