research questions -- chicago to nyc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
windy city

Re: *research questions -- chicago to nyc

Postby windy city » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Well, we've arrived, and I'm pleased to say we felt very well treated by Adco. Everything arrived exactly at the time we wanted, and the crew was careful and courteous. All the items arrived, and so far (we're still unpacking) it seems everything is intact. I would highly recommend this agent for people in the Chicago area.

Thanks for all your advice in making this decision.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi - are you "Addison"? It would be helpful if you could always post under the same screen name. I'm glad your move went well and I'll add your report to my summary on Chicago movers. One thing I would like to know is who actually hauled your shipment. Was it a driver from Adco with an Adco truck or was it a driver from United Van Lines with a United Van Lines truck? Also, were your things held in Adco's warehouse before being put on the long-haul truck? Was a shuttle used in NYC?

addison

Postby addison » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 pm

Sorry about the name on the last post.

We were packed by Adco. Loaded and driven by a very experienced United crew out of North Carolina. We weren't stored in a warehouse, but were transferred to a shuttle at theNew Jersey agent -- I can't remember the name right now but I can get it if you want.

addison

Postby addison » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Oh yeah -- and we were loaded onto the long haul truck so we weren't transferred back to the warehouse. So there was only one transfer, which was important to us.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:27 pm

addison wrote:We weren't stored in a warehouse, but were transferred to a shuttle at the New Jersey agent -- I can't remember the name right now but I can get it if you want.

Yes, if you could post this I would be interested, so that I can understand more about how the industry works. I'm guessing that it might have been Holman or McCollister's in NJ.

Addison

Postby Addison » Thu May 04, 2006 10:40 am

I believe it was actually Wade Odell Wade out of Midland Park, NJ. They were great.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 04, 2006 12:03 pm

Thanks - yes, WOW has a great reputation.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”