New Orleans to Pa advice?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
br261

New Orleans to Pa advice?

Postby br261 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 am

Any info about movers in New Orleans area? In the reviews by state link, there is only one Louisiana mover mentioned and no LA mover is on your blacklist. Can this be taken as "good news" because you haven't had complaints from this state? Or is it simply "no news" because people here don't participate in this forum?

Diane

Re: New Orleans to Pa advice?

Postby Diane » Mon May 08, 2006 11:40 am

We simply don't have any more data on good companies in Louisiana as yet. Scammers also tend to congregate in certain areas (Boston, NYC, MD, Atlanta, FL, TX, and CA) and to date we haven't heard about any in LA.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Guest22

Postby Guest22 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Paulk's is the company that has a good review out of New Orleans. They are going out of business and are not doing any moves after May 2006.

br261

Postby br261 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm sorry to learn that about Paulks. They were the only one mentioned here.
Guest, do you have any other suggestions?
I read all the good stuff about Delancey and Moovers, but I doubt that they would be available for a move from New Orleans. I suppose it might be a long shot possibility that they are bringing a load to near here at the time I would need them and that the rest of their load would be heading in the direction I am going.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed May 10, 2006 9:22 pm

I'm also sorry to hear that about Paulk's. I suppose it's related to the hurricane.

br261,

It would be worth giving both Moovers and Delancey a call. The reviews show that Moovers went to Atlanta twice last month, for example. They are sending several trucks East every month and they go on different routes, sometimes Northern, sometimes Southern. Same with Delancey, I believe. You might just happen to fit with another load they have scheduled.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 11, 2006 10:52 am

Check in your area for agents for major van lines. Those are United, North American, Atlas, Allied, I'm sure that some are still doing business down there.

Return to “Open Community”