Paramount Movers in Annapolic Junction, MD

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
guest55

Paramount Movers in Annapolic Junction, MD

Postby guest55 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:39 pm

I've been reading through the site and found out that nearly all the companies I was considering for my local DC move should be avoided!! While this is good info, I still need a mover for my 550 sq ft 1 bdrm apt. Any thoughts about Paramount Movers in Annapolis Junction, Md?

Diane

Re: Paramount Movers in Annapolic Junction, MD

Postby Diane » Fri May 05, 2006 11:18 pm

Search here on Paramount and you will see a couple of threads showing why you shouldn't go with them:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8122
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100
The poster says they are associated with Go West Movers, a known scammer.

Click on the link to the right below my signature below and scroll down to "Maryland." Choose one of the companies with good reviews on this messageboard that are listed there and you should be OK.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

guest55

Postby guest55 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks. I guess I'll pull out my phone book and do this the old fashioned way. I'll let you know how it goes.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 06, 2006 3:14 pm

Just be aware of movers listing only an MC number in their ad. Those are brokers, usually from other states.

I've been through both the DC and VA phone books and found about 10% are unlicensed movers. I do not have access to MD books, so I can't comment on the odds.

I'm not too sure where Annapolis Junction is in relation to Annapolis, but could you use a mover from Waldorf or Baltimore? I can give you some direct names if that would work.

Postby Guest » Sat May 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Yes, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

guest55

Postby guest55 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:09 pm

I decided to go with Beltway Movers for my local DC move. Everything went off without a hitch. They showed up just a few minutes late, but it was no big deal. They were uniformed, professional and got right to work. They took care of all my possessions and nothing was broken or missing at the end.

I won't kid you and tell you it was cheap. At $139/hr it was a bit more than I could afford to pay, but as they say, you get what you pay for. And I got good service and a smooth move.

Since this site was so helpful to me, I wanted to mention that I also checked out Washington Consumer Checkbook and found a valuable article about moving companies. As soon as I figure out how to attach it, I'll share it. Can anyone help me out with that?

Thanks, MusicMom and movingscam.com for your help.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed May 24, 2006 9:23 pm

I'm glad everything went so well for you! Thanks for the update!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed May 24, 2006 9:27 pm

It looks like you may not be able to post the direct link to the site, since it's a subscription service. But if you can, please do.

Return to “Open Community”