*Pittsburgh, PA to San Francisco, CA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
pghherb13

*Pittsburgh, PA to San Francisco, CA

Postby pghherb13 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 am

Moving from Pa to San Francisco, Ca and received an estimate from Don Farr moving. They do not give any kind of estimate except for non-binding, and they are requesting 50 % upon pick up and the rest on delivery. I have read this is not standard... please help

Diane

Re: Pittsburgh, PA to San Francisco, CA

Postby Diane » Mon May 22, 2006 11:45 am

Hi - please click on the link below my signature, read the first post, scroll down to "Pennsylvania," and read what is said there about Don Farr. Good companies are listed there too.

If cost is a concern, please consider going with the freight companies Broadway Express or ABF. More than 200 mostly rave reviews are on stickies at the top of the messageboard.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

cbreeze

Postby cbreeze » Fri May 26, 2006 2:16 pm

My son used ABF mobile container service moving from Pittsburgh to Orange county, CA. We were very pleased with their service. If you need loaders in Pittsburgh, I highly recommend North Hills movers from emove.com. They were efficient and reliable.

pghherb13

Postby pghherb13 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm

After a long search we went with South Hills Movers. They have been extremely professional and they gave us everything I asked for in writing.
The other companies refused to answer questions, let alone put it in writing. I will post another message when we complete the move.

I was not impressed at all with the way we were treated by Don Farr Moving. I was calling them in an attempt to get some questions answered, that the salesman was unable to answer, and I spoke with five different employees, including the G.M. My contact person did not want to answer any questions, he refered me to the salesman, who refered me back to the first man. The first man turned out to be the contact person for all California moves. I would not consider Don Farr Moving for any future moves.

Return to “Open Community”