Echo Trans World Inc- Not a scam (says its pres)

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.

Echo Trans World Inc- Not a scam (says its pres)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:38 pm

My name is Deror Balileti and I am the president of Echo Trans World Inc all the things that was mentioned before about Echo Trans World Inc didn’t apply to any scam of any kind what so ever, if you read clearly what is written at avoid Echo Trans World Inc peoples complained and fear you will see they complaining about is our address, our telephone number, there are even exposing my personal information with no permeation what so ever, the also claiming that it is unreasonable to request a deposit or payment before the shipment left the USA, although if you look at this website under payment section at international movers it’s actually says very clearly that is very common to ask for full payment before the shipment is departing from the port of origin, if anyone have any doubts about our reputation he is more then welcome to contact me personally I will give anyone references of clients that used us in the past and can tell more about their experiences, just think for a second, doesn’t it seams wired to you that the last person to respond to "avoid Echo Trans World Inc" was in August and it’s still appear is the latest news.
Any how Echo Trans World Inc didn’t scam anybody, didn’t do anything wrong at all what so ever.
Sincerely,
Deror Balileti- President
Echo Trans World Inc
265 West 37th street, 23rd floor
New York NY 10018
Tel- 212 221 8435
Toll Free- 1- 877 324 6222 EXT 17
FAX- 212 244 2932
Email- sales@echotransworld.com
Website- www.echotransworld.com
NVOCC license number #019522N
Fully insured bonded and license by the Federal Maritime Commission
Member of the Household Goods Forwarders Association of America

Educated Guest

Re: Echo Trans World Inc- Not a scam

Postby Educated Guest » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:19 pm

Who is going to take you seriously with a BOGUS name like that?

Plus the fact that you have no clue how to spell or use English grammar. You don't even try. I bet your other name is Dan Cohen isn't it?

How can you sleep?!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:36 pm

No, that is the name on the paperwork. But not disputing that Dan Cohen is involved. You know you've made an impression on scammers' business when a president comes here to post. :wink:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:41 pm

OK, slight correction. The name on their incorporation is their CPA (???). Deror is the name listed on their BBB report.

Guest again

Postby Guest again » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:34 am

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they are Isreali.

There has been a surge of Isreali's coming into our country and using the un-regulated (thanks republicans) moving industry to scam and abuse people. Its been well documented on 60 minutes, CBS, and NYT stories.

They are nothing short of criminals posing as movers.

Guest101

Postby Guest101 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:59 am

Yes that's Dan Cohen 100% ....spell check please, you never could spell Dan !!.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:08 am

Thank God that this website has helped exposed moving companies like Echo trans world for what they really are.
They simply sub contract people they find off the street in NYC. minimum wage is what they pay these poor blokes.
Dan Cohen or whatever his name really is, likes to theaten people (shows lack of education & diplomacy)
I would never recommend this company again . They prefer to overprice their customers for what they think their goods are worth. They like to pad their bill with bogus weight claims & fictcious charges.

plootark

Echo Trans World Inc- Where's my stuff?

Postby plootark » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:43 am

This company has had my household goods since 5/25/2006. They won't reply to my emails, when I do get them on the phone (rarely do I get a person to talk to) they tell me that they've contacted the company in Mexico who has my things, or that they've sent me an email with all the details I asked for.

All I get is a run around. I'm filing complaints with the NY State Attorney General. If you have a choice between this company and anyone else.....take a chance on the other guy.

ScamsBuster

Re: Echo Trans World Inc- SCAM + FRAUD

Postby ScamsBuster » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:01 am

This company has turned out to be a total scam, stealing my goods and money; and have taken way above what was agreed, and even after payment and agreement to much pay more just to have my goods; they're continuously playing games (claiming they made accounting mistakes, adding costs, not providing correct invoices, not proceeding with shipment, demanding we sign a notarized letter stating that we would not sue them etc.) to take more money; and are not shipping my goods after taking them. I'm taking legal action against them and charge them for abuse, fraud, theft, inconvenience and more.

I appreciate your support in busting this company and its people and stopping these thieves abusing and stealing from others as was done with me and other customers already.

Andy_1981

Postby Andy_1981 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Echo Trans World is definitely a scam, there is no doubt about it. Let me summarize the facts about my experience of shipping my car with Echo Trans World:

- the estimated delivery time was 5-7 weeks but it turned out to be 3 1/2 months
- no plausible explanation for the delay was given; most of my emails were ignored
- the container and the car were infested with spiders and needed to be fumigated because of Echo Trans World's negligence. I was charged for the pest control
- the car was severely damaged: two wheels were ruined, two tires were flat and damages, there were dents and scratches in the body and the inside and outside of the car was extremely dirty. It looked like it had been used as a container for other goods to save space and money for Echo Trans World. On top of it my license plates with valid registration were gone and never showed up again
- Since I paid Echo Trans World for extra insurance, I demanded compensation for the damages but my messages were completely ignored

So please do yourself a favor: TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND AVOID ECHO TRANS WORLD!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Have you contacted the Federal Maritime Commission to file an official complaint?

Did you file an insurance claims about your car? I wonder how that wheel damage happened. It sounds like it was scraped against something on one side to ahve damaged both wheels.

Andy_1981

Postby Andy_1981 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:33 pm

MusicMom wrote:Have you contacted the Federal Maritime Commission to file an official complaint?

Did you file an insurance claims about your car? I wonder how that wheel damage happened. It sounds like it was scraped against something on one side to ahve damaged both wheels.

No, I haven't but I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. But thanks for the info; I will file a complaint with the FMC too.

I'm pretty sure that the wheels were damaged because they drove the car across the lot with flat tires; I guess they just didn't care.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 27, 2008 1:43 pm

The BBB has no teeth whatsoever to help you. The FMCS, however, is a bulldog when it comes to helping consumers. I wish they would branch out into interstate commerce.

pingpal

Postby pingpal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:06 am

NEVER USE ECHO TRANS WORLD!!!!!!!!
I just got the answer to my claim ( sent in 2 months ago ) over the funiture they completely destroyed or lost.
Their 'expert 3rd party' says that Echo has no liability - and will not give me ANY compensation for what they broke and lost.
Even the movers who brought my smashed things to the door said that Echo has a huge stack of customer complaints at their office.
BTW, this happened from July to Jan!
They may not be scammers by textbook definition ( at least in my case )
But they definitely suck - and break your stuff - and then tell you it's not their fault
Jessica

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Have you filed a complaint with the FMC?

www.fmc.gov

Return to “International Moves”